Stethoscope on eBay - same make/model as used by Sandman

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
chrisbcritter

Stethoscope on eBay - same make/model as used by Sandman

Post by chrisbcritter »

Spotted this on eBay last week; no takers and it was relisted. It's a dual head stethoscope made by Medics Inst. Co. of Brooklyn, NY.:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334060237972?V ... 4060237972

The rubber hoses have dried up and broken, but shouldn't be hard to replace. They're 3/8" O.D. black rubber, 15" long on mine, but the ones on the actual prop may be several inches longer.

It's the same as used by Sandman, with a lever topped by a knurled knob to switch the input - I've figured out pretty well how it works: The black plastic bell piece unscrews from the main part, which reveals a little chamber that can be filled with about a half-teaspoon of powder, then the bell is screwed back on. An air hose can be run to one earpiece on the side opposite the camera, and when the trigger is pushed forward, the air blows the powder out. I've tried this on mine by just blowing through the earpiece and it seems to work OK. Good luck!
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
High C

Re: Sandman stethoscope on eBay

Post by High C »

I apologize in advance for being 'that person,' but honestly, you probably should say 'Sandman-style stethoscope' or perhaps 'replica' in the header. The title makes it seem as if it were the actual prop itself, which would be quite a find. (Obviously, it would be very difficult to vet and authenticate, but that's a whole other story.) Anyway, I was thinking it WAS the original prop when I clicked on it. Just saying.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
chrisbcritter

Re: Stethoscope on eBay - same make/model as used by Sandman

Post by chrisbcritter »

Duly noted and corrected, High C.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
High C

Post by High C »

chrisbcritter wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:13 pm Duly noted and corrected, High C.
Thanks. Like I said, not trying to be that guy, but I thought it was the right thing to do. I have the utmost respect for you and your contributions to the board.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I got your message and i appreciate the tip.
Part of me would rather try and replicate it one day. I did save the pictures for reference.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/