Tiny TV toy with Batman clips

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
SaintsPreserveUs

Re: Tiny TV toy with Batman clips

Post by SaintsPreserveUs »

I've got mine and love it. Amazing with working remote to control volume, channel, and power.

TV starts up with WB logo and generic opening sequence/song. There are 12 clips (channels). It will play several clips and then turn off if no buttons pressed. I presume to save batteries.

The clips on mine are....
Ch1 - B&R climbing wall to Riddler
Ch2 - Riddler pushes Robin off ledge
Ch3 - Remote control batcycle scene
Ch4 - Spinning Wheel cliffhanger
Ch5 - Penguin vacuum cliffhanger
Ch6 - Tut Alligator cliffhanger
Ch7 - For whom the bell tolls clip
Ch8 - Batcave sequence pole to car exit
Ch9 - Owe life to dental hygiene clip
Ch10 - Batcave dialog William Tell of Liverpool
Ch11 - Study sequence phone to pole
Ch12 - Batcopter undue attention dialog
Begorra!
SaintsPreserveUs

Also... The TV operates in a demo mode until you unpackage and remove tab. Quite possible there is only one version with random clip selection. One way to determine is to see if anyone has a set that has clips that were not listed in my prior post.
Begorra!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

SaintsPreserveUs said
"The TV operates in a demo mode until you unpackage and remove tab. Quite possible there is only one version with random clip selection. One way to determine is to see if anyone has a set that has clips that were not listed in my prior post.
The clips on mine are....
Ch1 - B&R climbing wall to Riddler (Demo Clip)
Ch2 - Riddler pushes Robin off ledge (Demo Clip)
Ch3 - Remote control batcycle scene
Ch4 - Spinning Wheel cliffhanger
Ch5 - Penguin vacuum cliffhanger
Ch6 - Tut Alligator cliffhanger
Ch7 - For whom the bell tolls clip
Ch8 - Batcave sequence pole to car exit
Ch9 - Owe life to dental hygiene clip
Ch10 - Batcave dialog William Tell of Liverpool
Ch11 - Study sequence phone to pole
Ch12 - Batcopter undue attention dialog" (DEMO CLIP)

The three I have had the demo clips as listed. The good news is you only need to buy one.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
SaintsPreserveUs

Looking back through the thread, rsaffle has one that has a clip with joker in clown costume. In that case there are at least two variants.
Begorra!
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

It was reported that there was 3 different ones.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I haven't seen these anywhere yet and I would think they'd be a gift item at that price point.
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

I got one about a month or so ago it sits in front of my NECA 7" Adam West Batman.
When I bought it, I checked out the Demo Clips and the first clip it played was Robin saying "Why Can't I get it?" to which Batman replies "perhaps that pretty little teenager who waved at you as we drove by..." And of course there's a Mom in the aisle with her kids who audibly tsks at the inappropriateness of the remark.... (made mores by the fact that it's taken so far out of context)
("Holy Wrong Idea Batman!")
Still, I can't help but wonder what who was thinking when they set up the demo clips on that toy!
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

rickkrefft wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:41 pm It was reported that there was 3 different ones.
Where?
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I believe right here on one of these pages. Someone said he had 3 different ones. I personally only know of 2.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

rickkrefft wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:00 am I believe right here on one of these pages. Someone said he had 3 different ones. I personally only know of 2.
I read about 3 versions on a Facebook site. One Riddler version and two Joker versions but I can't confirm that.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

I got a Tiny TV under the tree yesterday, and I love it. It's totally non-essential, but really fun. I haven't been following this thread, because honestly the toy is not something I would have sought out for myself, but I'm very happy to have it. Here are a couple of observations and questions for those of you who may also have received one from Santa Claus.
  • I'm amazed at how good the tiny screen looks. I daresay it's a better picture than on the first set I watched Batman on, back in 1966.
  • It features the clips SaintsPreserveUs listed earlier in this thread.
  • The opening animation sequence uses a copycat version of the theme, not the Hefti version.
  • The absence of Joker from any of the clips strikes me as puzzling, since Cesar Romero's image is prominent on the box—and no other villains are featured there. Is there confirmation of a second (or third) set of clips found on other models?
Happy holidays to all.
cdub

Post by cdub »

I see these all the time now in multiples at several Walmart locations in my area. It is another thing that could have been easy to pay double for on Ebay.
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

cdub wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:22 pm I see these all the time now in multiples at several Walmart locations in my area. It is another thing that could have been easy to pay double for on Ebay.
Where in Walmart are you finding them? Toys? Electronics? I have had no luck...
Thanks!
cdub

Post by cdub »

I found them in the toy section. The ones I recently seen, four deep, along with several Back to the Future ones, were in a section of the toys that had Five Nights at Freddy's toys on the shelf with them. I knew I should have taken a picture for reference.
cdub

Post by cdub »

Friday, 02-11-22, CST 1015 PM, they are currently listed for sale online.