Ugliest BM shirt ever?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
svl

Re: Ugliest BM shirt ever?

Post by svl »

Sorry I can't show the sleeves, it's a selfie. I wear 'em every day. The images all line up really well at the buttons, clear, crisp image print (again, not like some i've bought online).
IMG_7376.JPG
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

svl wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:58 am I've bought over a dozen so far (including what y'all are calling the ugliest shirt ever- I personally dig it. My only gripe is I wish the collar color was the cape color). Buy 1 size up, perfect fit (I'm normally a large, bought XL). Decent material, decent stitching, shipping time better than most of these companies. Very happy with my purchase.
Wow that's a lot of shirts. When can we see the rest of them?
I was tempted to buy a lot as well. They are almost similar to t shirts with what you can get printed on these shirts. Literally anything. I washed my surf's up shirt and it held up surprisingly well. No button missing or even loose, all the stitching is in tact.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:07 pm
svl wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:58 am I've bought over a dozen so far (including what y'all are calling the ugliest shirt ever- I personally dig it. My only gripe is I wish the collar color was the cape color). Buy 1 size up, perfect fit (I'm normally a large, bought XL). Decent material, decent stitching, shipping time better than most of these companies. Very happy with my purchase.
Wow that's a lot of shirts. When can we see the rest of them?
I was tempted to buy a lot as well. They are almost similar to t shirts with what you can get printed on these shirts. Literally anything. I washed my surf's up shirt and it held up surprisingly well. No button missing or even loose, all the stitching is in tact.
You probably will never have a problem with them holding up color or image wise. Printing on Polyester actually makes it become part of the shirt material and becomes very durable and finding a company that lines up the art and limits the image creasing is a positive thing.

I knew posting a Batman shirt on a Batman forum and calling it the ugliest shirt ever would come back and bite me in the butt! :D
Its the image of a Batman wearing a collar and button up shirt that makes me laugh and not the actual everyday personal street wear of it.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:34 am
BatmiteReturns wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:52 am What's the problem with T-shirts? I think they look very cool.
To each their own as the lady said when she kissed her cow.
You know I've often wondered why I tried to participate in this Forum even though I have been here for almost 20 years. Seems like a good old boy club to be honest.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I’m always glad to see a post from you, Batmite, you always bring good comments.
I’m in the camp that thinks these shirts are ugly, but I’m someone who doesn’t even wear T-Shirts with images or writing on them, and I’ve been that way since I was four- my mom still laughs about it, so I’m not the intended buyer for these.

That said, just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean anyone should take that as a personal slight, but neither should anyone feel pressure to not post a thought or opinion as long as you keep it polite and flame-free. A very good friend who is a board member said to me he never posts here because he feels like he’s a thread killer, and I get it. I’ve been here since the beginning too, but I only really “know” a small handful of people who post, and many times it feels like I’m just learning a rule here, I.e. I didn’t know the “What’s the latest Batman item you Got?” Thread was supposed to be only related to the show or the era, but that makes sense even though as a Batman fan I’m interested in whatever Bat stuff someone found and I seldom go into the off-topic section so I miss those posts that feature other eras.

There are a couple of members here who I was friends with who have disappeared, but they were always a little to feisty with opinions and would get frustrated with the mods. Both guys were great, nice people when you talked one on one but when they’d post I would always shake my head at the comments they’d make. I assume they’ve moved on out of frustration.

Anyway, Keith, you’re rocking the Hawaiian shirt and your comment made me laugh.
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:09 am I’m always glad to see a post from you, Batmite, you always bring good comments.
I’m in the camp that thinks these shirts are ugly, but I’m someone who doesn’t even wear T-Shirts with images or writing on them, and I’ve been that way since I was four- my mom still laughs about it, so I’m not the intended buyer for these.

That said, just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean anyone should take that as a personal slight, but neither should anyone feel pressure to not post a thought or opinion as long as you keep it polite and flame-free. A very good friend who is a board member said to me he never posts here because he feels like he’s a thread killer, and I get it. I’ve been here since the beginning too, but I only really “know” a small handful of people who post, and many times it feels like I’m just learning a rule here, I.e. I didn’t know the “What’s the latest Batman item you Got?” Thread was supposed to be only related to the show or the era, but that makes sense even though as a Batman fan I’m interested in whatever Bat stuff someone found and I seldom go into the off-topic section so I miss those posts that feature other eras.

There are a couple of members here who I was friends with who have disappeared, but they were always a little to feisty with opinions and would get frustrated with the mods. Both guys were great, nice people when you talked one on one but when they’d post I would always shake my head at the comments they’d make. I assume they’ve moved on out of frustration.

Anyway, Keith, you’re rocking the Hawaiian shirt and your comment made me laugh.
Thanks for the reply Andy. You've always been really nice on here and I even met you in Chicago and bought some of your artwork which still hangs in my Batcave. I know a couple of well-known members Who I thought were well-liked amongst our community as well that have disappeared and it's always been a bit of a mystery as to why considering they were well-liked. Could be we are talking about the same ones. For a while now it Has just seemed to me like if you post a question or comment unless you are part of the inner circle you're not really going to get a response. I guess that could just be me though.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Chicago! Yes I thought we'd met but I was unsure, I get folks with handles mixed up all the time.
I know that if someone posts a question and I can't add anything to it I'll usually hold a reply since I have nothing to add.
I wouldn't take it personally at all.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I thought I was the thread killer.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

BatmiteReturns wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:32 pm You know I've often wondered why I tried to participate in this Forum even though I have been here for almost 20 years. Seems like a good old boy club to be honest.
I've never understood that statement applied towards this forum. I've never seen someone shunned or excluded from anything. Agreed with at all times? Of course not. That being said, if one takes such a stand or prefers to be a bit anti social, that sort of attitude tends to define them and not the rest. If anybody has ever taken the time to join in on a Video Bat Chat, one of the Bat Gatherings, events or any sort of chat would see otherwise instantly. New folks, old folks even past banned folks have been welcomed to join in on the fun. If they tend to divide and be a grumpy smurf, then they won't enjoy being around for long. That's on them.
And for clarity, I'm not saying this is the case of you in any way. I do feel sorry that you feel that way and that has been your personal experience here. I'll admit, i wish you would share more again like you did with your drawings and bowling videos. I miss that kind of stuff. But I'm getting off topic to the original post. Best wishes good sir.

As for the shirts in question, I never said they were ugly. The one hoodie shown inspired a comment and the Nora Clavicle stuff always gets me going. Lol.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:29 am I thought I was the thread killer.
No. I KNOW I have that track record.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Scott Sebring wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:01 am The Batman hoodie would "almost" work if the printed the cowl on the hood.
Almost.
And now for my "Too Much Time on My Hands" thoughts on the hoodie...
Bat hoodie.jpg
Bat hoodie.jpg (86.72 KiB) Viewed 5257 times
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I too watched this forum from afar for years before feeling like I had anything to contribute but it was never because I felt unwelcome or that my comments fell on deaf ears. In under two years I feel like I've gained friends from all over the world because of our love of Batman. I started this post to just share something I thought was funny but never intended my opinion to be condescending or judgmental. We are all mostly middle aged men sharing on a Batman forum. LOL

I personally own the goofy wired bendy Batman toys, Legos, Pez’s and assorted plastic stuff and even been know to wear sized XXL Captain America Underoo's from time to time and I’m 56 years old, so no judgments here.

This forum is one of the few places that we all should understand each other and let our inner boy show. I appreciate everyone that contributes and encourage even more too join in. Without the comments of everyone there wouldn’t be much content. Plus…Big thank you to the moderators that put in the work ( for free! ) for all these years too and the week to week contributors that help us all play Batman as often as we want. This is a fantastic age that we live in as far as being able to share with fellow..."Bat-Lovers"? :x
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I would 100% get that hoody.
Randy- if you're old, then I'm old. so enough of that.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:29 am I thought I was the thread killer.
Nope that's me. Count'em :D

And I like all opinions - it's like a conversation with old friends - you won't always agree, but you'll have some fun with it.

Here in Cleveland, I can reminisce with Cleveland strangers of a certain age about Mr. Jingeling, and Capt. Penney. Outside CLE, not many people will get it, but it's a kind of kinship of shared memories. The same with these boards - reminiscing about similar experiences and finding a kinship in that.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Scott Sebring wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:03 am
Scott Sebring wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:01 am The Batman hoodie would "almost" work if the printed the cowl on the hood.
Almost.
And now for my "Too Much Time on My Hands" thoughts on the hoodie...
Bat hoodie.jpg
Nice work, Scott! I still wouldn’t be caught dead wearing it but this is a better design, they missed an opportunity here.