Wayne Manor Playset

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Keith Mayo

Wayne Manor Playset

Post by Keith Mayo »

"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
AndyFish

Re: Wayne Manor Playset

Post by AndyFish »

I do not understand the fascination with these lunchbox play sets. To each his own, but like Pop figures I just don’t see the charm.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:29 pm I do not understand the fascination with these lunchbox play sets. To each his own, but like Pop figures I just don’t see the charm.
We in the over 60 crowd had them as kids, so it's a nostalgia kinda thing, I guess.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

It’s interesting that it says suitable for 5 inch scale figures. There are 3.75” figures and 6” figures. Does5” just split the difference?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Keith Mayo wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:31 pm
AndyFish wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:29 pm I do not understand the fascination with these lunchbox play sets. To each his own, but like Pop figures I just don’t see the charm.
We in the over 60 crowd had them as kids, so it's a nostalgia kinda thing, I guess.
Well that would certainly make sense. More power to those of you excited to have these.
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Why would Bruce frame a newspaper article on the murder of his parents? That’s a pretty ridiculous decor piece to add.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

The best detail is the Junior Marbles Champion plaque. :)
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Bookworm wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:17 pm It’s interesting that it says suitable for 5 inch scale figures. There are 3.75” figures and 6” figures. Does 5” just split the difference?
The reference to 5" figures was in relation to the 1990s figures that were around during the time of the "Super Powers Batcave Command Center"-style playsets that are linked in the article.

But this series of playsets (inspired by 70s stuff, such as the "USS Enterprise" Mego bridge) are "for your Megos and Mego-like figures", ie. 8" 1970s' Megos and the recent licensed 8" "Batman '66" Figures Toy Company figures. However, I can see that they would work rather well with Mattel and McFarlane 6" figures.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

One cool item is the sliding bookcase. He’s got one on eBay too. Two week delivery... i’ll Need to put this above the Batcave somehow.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

BatMite wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:22 pm Why would Bruce frame a newspaper article on the murder of his parents? That’s a pretty ridiculous decor piece to add.
No kidding, and the $85.00 price? Waaayyy too overpriced for this kind of playset.
Beneath Wayne Manor