Hallmark Bat Ornaments

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Batfink

Hallmark Bat Ornaments

Post by Batfink »

Snagged a couple of the latest 66 themed Hallmark ornaments. The "To The Batcave" ornament is really cool and heavy I might add! Also they did a great job with the Eartha Kitt Catwoman. Pictures don't do it justice. Really sparkles.
20211002_194404_HDR_(1).jpg
20211002_194330~2.jpg
20211002_215556_(1).jpg
20211002_220512_(1).jpg
20211002_220725_HDR_(1).jpg
20211002_220717_HDR_(1).jpg
Sweet Little Buttercup!
Lou Szabo

Re: Hallmark Bat Ornaments

Post by Lou Szabo »

Cool. I didn’t think these were on sale yet
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Batfink

Post by Batfink »

Yesterday was the official release date as per their catalog. At least here in Canada.
Sweet Little Buttercup!
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

I was told these are delayed to 10/16 in the U.S.
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

With great respect to Eartha, I'm going to abstain from picking that one up. For me, it's double-dipping on a character I already have as an ornament--there are so many other characters they could have done. My guess is that Hallmark doesn't see anything past The Big Four of villains as "recognizable," so colorful baddies like Mr. Freeze, King Tut, Shame, and Bookworm may have to wait in the wings forever.

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Jim Beard wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:47 am With great respect to Eartha, I'm going to abstain from picking that one up. For me, it's double-dipping on a character I already have as an ornament--there are so many other characters they could have done. My guess is that Hallmark doesn't see anything past The Big Four of villains as "recognizable," so colorful baddies like Mr. Freeze, King Tut, Shame, and Bookworm may have to wait in the wings forever.

Jim
Politely disagree Jim. With so many versions of Julie's Catwoman, not that there's anything wrong with that, I welcome an Eartha figure. I would really like to see a Lee figure as well. Hardly any representation of the other Catwomen. Another villain outside the top four would have been great, maybe next year. I do like the looks of the Batcave, but it appears to be too heavy for a tree branch. I may just display it on he mantle.
svl

Post by svl »

Agree 100%, Jimmy. First, to have an Eartha Kitt ornament in any configuration (a Santa Baby musical ornament would make my Christmas list) is amazing, but having her as Catwoman is purr-fection. Her rendition of the character was unique to any of the mediums the character has appeared in and a highlight of the third season. I would agree with Jim B on a double dip if they used the same sculpt, but this is a completely new pose, and it's really great to get the only character of color on the show represented in Hallmark ornament form (I know Bruce as Kato was also a racially diverse character, but count him in the GH universe and not Bats IP).

I hope we see some of the other baddies as well (particularly Falseface & Bookworm), but having Eartha this year is a win in my book.
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Total respect for your opinions. I am quite honestly happy for your own happiness with it. My concern is that this may be the end of the '66 ornaments and we wouldn't get another new character. When they went to "Limited Edition" on them, I figured the line was heading toward the finish line.

But, I will hope I get something cool next year!

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Got to give them credit though, they nailed Eartha and unlike other Eartha busts or figures that were just a switch of heads on the previous Julie version, this one is all Eartha. Her necklace is higher as only she wore it that way. In many ways this (to me) is the first Eartha we have gotten that wasn't a Julie hand me down. I really hope next year we get a new Batman that isn't a silly Life magazine pose...and a Batgirl Cycle. If I can get those two I'd feel pretty complete. My guess though is Surfer Batman vs Surfer Joker is coming next.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Great video of the new Hallmark Batpole in action.

https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keep ... I7155.html
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Jim Beard wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:47 am With great respect to Eartha, I'm going to abstain from picking that one up. For me, it's double-dipping on a character I already have as an ornament--there are so many other characters they could have done. My guess is that Hallmark doesn't see anything past The Big Four of villains as "recognizable," so colorful baddies like Mr. Freeze, King Tut, Shame, and Bookworm may have to wait in the wings forever.

Jim
I bought the Eartha today and the Batpoles (that ornament is massive) but agree on your take that other villains are likely off the table. I assume they'll do Batman next year but am hoping for Mad Hatter.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

I got Eartha and To the Batcave yesterday. My hopes for future ornaments are a light up Batsignal, Riddler, in his derby suit, Batman in a standing pose like the Robin ornament, and Alfred. If those get made THEN I would like The Mad Hatter, and Mr. Freeze.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I just got the “to the batcave” ornament. It is really big, bigger than I thought, but VERY cool! It will need a very heavy branch if you are going to put it on a tree.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

LizardKing wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:57 pm

Jim
I bought the Eartha today and the Batpoles (that ornament is massive) but agree on your take that other villains are likely off the table. I assume they'll do Batman next year but am hoping for Mad Hatter.
That is exactly why I didn’t get the EK Catwoman either. I sure hope you are wrong on the villains. There are so many more they could do.