Batman 66 Pins

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Jim Beard

Batman 66 Pins

Post by Jim Beard »

Everybody aware of these '66 pins? I may be lagging behind here, 'cause I just found out about them:

https://fansets.com/search?q=NOT%20tag: ... pe=product

Jim!
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
Therin of Andor

Re: Batman 66 Pins

Post by Therin of Andor »

Yes, indeed! I ended up pairing up my villains:

Batman '66 pins from FanSets by Ian McLean, on Flickr

And the next villain wave has been announced: Egghead, King Tut, Clock King, Bookworm, Mad Hatter and Mr Freeze.

FanSets Batman '66 Villains Wave 2 by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

The guy who makes them said he requested permission to make Louie the Lilac and the licensor said they didn't know who that was and no one would want to buy it :roll:

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I'd love to see Commissioner Gordon and Alfred, plus Olga to go with Egghead, Siren, False Face and Shame. Plus Mr. Freeze (season 1) and Lee and Eartha's Catwoman. Clock King is a nice surprise.
SketchCardsAndCovers

Post by SketchCardsAndCovers »

Those are awesome! But seriously they have to add Louie
svl

Post by svl »

If they add Falseface I'm in...
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Jim Beard wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:03 am The guy who makes them said he requested permission to make Louie the Lilac and the licensor said they didn't know who that was and no one would want to buy it :roll:

Jim
Yet they’ll know Clock King?
Therin of Andor

Jim Beard wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:03 am The guy who makes them said he requested permission to make Louie the Lilac and the licensor said they didn't know who that was and no one would want to buy it
Maybe Louie is still not on the list of character likenesses that can be licensed out. When he appeared on the animated "Batman: The Brave and the Bold", the actor's likeness was not used.

Clock King was featured in the "Batman '66" comic (and was specifically revealed as Mad Hatter's brother).

It is unlikely we will see a pin of Commissioner Gordon, either, since his likeness was not approved for the comic - nor Figures Toy Company 8" figures, nor Funko 4". Neither was Louie the Lilac.
Therin of Andor

rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

It doesn't surprise me they picked Clock King over Louie. Clock King is a comic book villain and made 2 appearances on the very popular Batman Animated Series. So the name alone gives the character a boost. Kind of like how Mr. Freeze often gets made over Egghead and King Tut, but on the series he was no where near as good as them. Also, by the third season viewership dropped a lot and many people may not have seen Louie's episodes compared to the exposure Clock King got in his early season 2 episodes. I always felt Bookworm, False Face, Clock King, Ma Parker and Black Widow were the best of the one shot villains, but Archer and Minstrel had some cool looking outfits and would make great action figures, even if I didn't care for either villain.
SketchCardsAndCovers

Post by SketchCardsAndCovers »

Just got my pin-set it's awesome!! ... had to mat it with some of my drawings. Got to get a frame now.

Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That’s brilliant!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Therin of Andor

FanSets recently lost their DC Comics and "Batman '66" licenses and they had to sell their as-yet unsold stock to an associated online seller, PinForce.

Three new '66 villains have been announced. Not ready for ordering yet:

FanSets Batman 1966 villain pins: Siren, Archer and Shame by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor