McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Lou Szabo »

That would be a cool playset for Batman, complete with Batcopter, Shark and other goodies.
Other cool stuff on McFarlane.com
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
TysonL

Re: Todd McFarlane Batmobile toy

Post by TysonL »

Target still has it at regular price. No need to up pay for it.
antman67

Re: Todd McFarlane Batmobile toy

Post by antman67 »

I have yet to see one in Target but keep looking. I see many people online have been scoring them though. From what I read it's a nice toy but they said there are better more detailed batmobiles out there. It's basically just a toy and should be played with. My guess is McFarlane got the rights from DC
Attachments
McFarlane Retro '66 Batman COMPLETE set of Batcave Batmobile Robin Joker Batman!.jpg
batmobile Target exclusive mcfarlane3.jpg
batmobile Target exclusive mcfarlane2.jpg
batmobile Target exclusive mcfarlane.jpg
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
cdub

Post by cdub »

21 figures, divided evenly, 2 Batmobiles, 1 Batcave. All at just one Target in the twin cities metro area.
Attachments
Batman thumbnail_IMG_0571.jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Which goes to show you have some patience and you can get pretty much anything at non-scalper prices. Having said that, if I was obsessively driving from store to store or hitting refresh on my browser for something I really wanted I can understand paying a premium to have your life back.

Of all the Batman items that have been released since the flood gates for the series opened in what, 2004 with the Hotwheels Batmobile (which scalpers were selling for $150 before it hit stores) has there been a case of any one item that became impossible to find right out of the gate?

The only thing I can think of is the 1:87 scale Batmobile, which is one of my favorite pieces that HW did. I never saw it at retail but at less than 1" long I doubt I would have seen it, and I paid a ridiculous scalpers price for the one I have.

The Wonderland Talking Batman, Robin and Joker 17" talking dolls are now selling for insane prices but I remember them being on clearance at a popular website for $12/ea.

Ditto the Mattel Batman Cowl, we broke the news of that item here, with many speculating that it would never go to mass market, then it did and I bought two cases of them for $50/piece now those sell for upwards of $300-$400.

Most all of these items have a trajectory; Announcement >>> Anticipation Grows >>> Scalpers sell them >>> They begin to show up in stores >>> They go on Clearance >>> sell out >>>>> back to Scalper's on eBay.
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

As I mentioned a few pages back, I was trying to locate an add-on to the McFarlane Batmobile to show flames coming out the turbine. Haven't found anything perfect yet, but as an interim solution I used the reserve-side of two of the "action word" bubbles that come with the McFarlane Batman 66 figures.

Barnabas Collins

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:56 am As I mentioned a few pages back, I was trying to locate an add-on to the McFarlane Batmobile to show flames coming out the turbine. Haven't found anything perfect yet, but as an interim solution I used the reserve-side of two of the "action word" bubbles that come with the McFarlane Batman 66 figures.

Barnabas Collins

That works pretty darn well, I think!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

At Target today: Riddler with Mask, Joker and Batman with Trunks

Scalpers appear to be passing on these around here.
IMG_4567.JPG
IMG_4568.JPG
IMG_4569.JPG
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

Found the Riddler and Batman w/Trunks.

Still haven't seen the Joker w/Trunks yet.

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Anybody in the U.S. find the unmasked Riddler or Unmasked Batman yet?
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Unmasked Batman was on Target.com last night but already sold out. I ordered 1. It’s been sent UPS. I think they’ll be more added just keep checking Target.com
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Just checked and it's available on the website right now (Thursday Dec 30 11am) do a search for McFarlane Batman Classic. If you're patient everything eventually shows up available on the Target website.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

OMG!!!!! Thank you both very much!!!! I just ordered an Unmasked Batman off Target.com!!!!!
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

Found the Riddler and the Batman/Joker in trunks wave at a Target store. Riddler looks great, which I bought. I didn't feel a need to buy the trunks figures. Ordered unmasked Batman at target.com.

Barnabas Collins