Joker Herse Scupture

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
bat-myte

Joker Herse Scupture

Post by bat-myte »

You would have thought that the makers of this sculpture would have tried to do some research and make a vehicle sculpture that the Joker actually drove on the series...like the Jokermobile seen in multiple epsiodes of the serries....but this looks like NOTHING seen in the series.
Attachments
JokerHerse.png
JokerHerse.png (450.04 KiB) Viewed 1211 times
Ben Bentley

Re: Joker Herse Scupture

Post by Ben Bentley »

Definitely a bizarre choice from a diehard fan of the show itself's perspective, but I think in this case, items like these are perhaps geared towards a more casual fan and a way to try and get as much value out of the manufacturer's licensing fee as possible. As with all of the Bradford exchange offerings, I hold out to see the actual production versions of these items as opposed to allowing expectations to be burned once more by the CG renders like the one above.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

As bat-myte pointed out, the car is not the "Jokermobile" custom from the series, and most glaring of all is the use of the Joker logo created by DC in the 1970s. For fans old enough to remember that period, that logo brings a very different Joker to mind, far removed from the Romero version.

It seems Bat-66 merchandise has run out of steam where creating items fans would want to see is concerned. Honestly, I cannot think of anyone--other than the most obsessed fan--who would want this Joker sculpture.

At this point, my only merchandise interest is the dream that an accurately scaled 1:18 diecast Batmobile would be produced (Mattel's was nowhere near an accurate 1:18 scale), and perhaps a Batboat in the same scale, and some screen-accurate 1:1 props. But endless, statues, yet another gimmick Hot Wheels release, poorly designed action figures and other things that will end up sold off for half of its value on eBay gets a hard pass from me.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Ben's right in what he says about this being for the more casual fan, someone who only knows the show at a peripheral orbit. A desire to appeal to that consumer is why we've gotten so many "idealized" sculpts for action figures, busts, etc. IMO, the only 'warts and all" sculpt we've gotten so far is on the big NECA figures.

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE