Mezco 12 Pts Golden Age Batman

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rsaffle

Re: Mezco 12 Pts Golden Age Batman

Post by rsaffle »

I have been making Batman props for a couple years now and I'm officially out of space to display anything properly and I'm right there with several of you thinking about purging stuff. I love much of my collection but not all of it so I have plans on paring it all down.

I'm telling myself if I do this then I can get even better versions of what I do love.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The Mezco Figure arrived yesterday and I'll say this-- the packaging on the box art is spectacular! The overwrap art features a Jerry Robinson Batman headshot while the back features a classic Dick Sprang Batman vs Two Face splash page.
The Batman and the Two Face Figures are both packed in their own boxes and Batman is an absolute winner-- I won't post pics here but safe to say it looks like the advertised photos.

It is officially the best Batman Comic Book Figure for me, since THIS is my favorite version of Batman after the original '39 version. Now the Debbie Downer in me looks at the figure standing next to my desk and wonders why I paid so much for a toy, albeit an extremely cool toy, I think I may be getting too old for toys-- and yet I just pre-ordered the Ditko Spider-Man Mezco is doing because after the aforementioned Batman's Steve Ditko's Spider-Man was my favorite comic series. I think maybe I just have a mental disorder. ;)
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

AndyFish wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:28 am wonders why I paid so much for a toy, albeit an extremely cool toy, I think I may be getting too old for toys-- I think maybe I just have a mental disorder. ;)
I'm happy to be a giant man child and hope my toy and comic buying never stops but 90% of everything I buy I just stick on a shelf. What else do we have to do with our money anyway? Lol Collecting keeps me happy.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

SprangFan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:36 pm Robin would have made more sense, but how else to work in Two-Face but in a two-pack?

Maybe this should be taken as a good sign that Robin is on the way, paired with another villain.

I like them, obviously given my screen name, but I'm out of places to put this sort of thing and if I get another collectible that has to be stored forever in the box, my wife's going to start measuring me for one.
You and Me both, Brother!
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Make it three, Amigos

The Gotham by Gaslight figure is sharp too.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I love Mignola's Gotham By Gaslight design, I'd have to say that's probably fourth behind the '39, Sprang Batman, Kuwata Batman-- but again I'm just out of room. Still, if they do a two pack with Robin and The Joker I'd be in on those too-- their prices are climbing-- I think the original Mezco 1/12 figures were $60? I hope they do the Robin/Joker set before they cross the $300 line.

And to Rsaffle's comment-- I want to make it clear I'm not casting aspersions at anyone who enjoys buying these things. I just find that I have zero regrets over things I don't buy.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

No way I'm shelling out that kind of bread, but I took a look at the Ditko Spidey figure on the Mezco site and what fun! Not only does the figure look great, but the time and effort taken to show it off by recreating poses from classic comic covers and splash pages shows a lot of love went into this thing from true fans. Even the shot showing all the accessories -- where all Spidey has to do is stand there -- evokes the cover to Annual #2, down to the bright yellow background.

Again, too dear for me but whoever's in charge of the promotional materials deserves a nice, fat raise.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'm a sucker for Ditko Spidey-- the only thing they missed (and I'm shocked) are the webs under his arms.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

The only comics run I own in more versions than Amazing Spider-Man 1-38 is the Lee/Ditko run on Dr Strange. Which is doubly odd since if you asked me, I wouldn't say I was particularly a Marvel reader or a Ditko fan. But the proof is in the pudding: I guess I'm both!

Bonus points for the half Peter/half Spidey head. Can't say I quite understand the "light up" head, though...is that to approximate "spider sense"?
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I assumed since its a more modern head it has something to do with a version of Spidey I'm not familiar with.
Ditko's DR STRANGE is equally amazing, and you could not get to further points on a line-- Spidey in an almost Archie like high school setting and Dr Strange with his incredibly bizarre cosmic images. Whenever someone asks me which comics they should try if they are just getting into comics I always start them with either Ditko series and they've always been hooked.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

cdub wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:00 pm It is kind of a downer how the lamenting of collections is getting on this thread. I have a lot of things that I have never been able to display, yet I still purchase some of the things I want. I am not a hoarder, and I have never sacrificed my family's wellbeing for my purchases. From reading the posts, it seems most know this about their collections also, and get joy out of the discovery of a forgotten item. I grew up poor, yet my parents still were able to buy me the Corgi Batmobile and Batboat, Mego's, Big Jim's, GI Joe's, Six Million Dollar Man, and comics. Now that I am a middle-aged adult, I like to get some of the things I want, and I am lucky enough to have a wife that believes I have worked hard enough to buy them.
I guess its never been a problem for me; in the specific case of anything '66 related, I was never interested in getting everything that had been released in the past decade (and change), simply because I see no point to most of it. I've said it around here before, but my '66 merchandise interests were and are centered on items that really mirror the series (to the best of the manufacturers' skill and quality control), such as the 1:18 Batmobile / Black Beauty, some 1:50 scale vehicles, Hot Toys' figures, the mini TV and certain books.

I could not be bothered with the rest as some of it--from my POV--is just an exercise in excess for things no one ever thought to make during the series' actual heyday (probably for good reason), or its based on toy trends (e.g., the Kenner Star Wars / Mego Pocket Heroes scale) that did not exist in the 60's so the generation who played with the Kenner scale was far past a widespread interest in the '66 Batman, nor were they wishing figures based on that series to be produced in the late 70s or any point in the 80s.

This extends to FTC--I was a major "Mego kid," but I never felt my Mego Bat figures were stand-ins for TV characters, or wished the figures were based on the series, so I never bought any of the TV-based figures. This is all to say, that my collection was not going to become a floor-to-ceiling vault because my interests were very focused on a few categories, thus there is no need to sell off or scale down any of my collection. *shrugs*
Beneath Wayne Manor
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

SprangFan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:36 pm I get another collectible that has to be stored forever in the box, my wife's going to start measuring me for one.
I'm dying! I may have to steal this line. :lol:
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
zarm106

Post by zarm106 »

According to Toyark, Mezco will be displaying a Classic black variant version of the Golden Age Batman figure at SDCC 2022.

https://news.toyark.com/2022/07/21/sdcc ... lay-475453
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 11-45-03 D-Amazing (@d__amazing) • Instagram photos and videos.png
zarm106

Post by zarm106 »

Now live.... This is an exclusive figure so this may sell out fast.
https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collec ... er-edition
Attachments
x800-13342.Jpg