Mezco 12 Pts Golden Age Batman

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Mezco 12 Pts Golden Age Batman

Post by AndyFish »

I guess the shorts should be black but this new Batman from Mezco looks like it stepped off the pages of a 50s or 60s Batman comic book by Dick Sprang.
x800-12635.Jpg
MEZBAT.jpg
And I know he's not '66 so if this should be in off-topic please let me know, I figured it was in the same range as the Ben Cooper version of Batman, much of the AW Batman is based on the Sprang stuff.
rickkrefft

Re: Mezco 12 Pts Golden Age Batman

Post by rickkrefft »

Had this been Batman and Robin I would have bought it.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Wow they look great! I love the flipping coin and motion accessories. I guess it's not a terrible price for both but I'm just out of collection space when it's not flat out 66 related.

This 2 face version would have been great for the tv show.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I would have much rather had a Golden Age Robin if we're talking two packs, but then they need someone to go with The Joker when they release him I bet.

The price isn't cheap, but regular 1:12 single figures retail upwards of $150 (the Keaton Batman for example), just to give you some perspective. I dig it, the sculpt is great, couldn't care less about Two Face but I'd get a Robin and Joker (if they become available) too so I'm in.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

They do have a Joker, but it’s a Gotham byGaslight Joker
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I have a feeling we will get Adam and Burt 2 Pack at some point.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rickkrefft wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:54 pm I have a feeling we will get Adam and Burt 2 Pack at some point.
I sincerely hope you're right! I've been saying for a long while now that i'd love a 1:12 Adam and Burt!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Robin would have made more sense, but how else to work in Two-Face but in a two-pack?

Maybe this should be taken as a good sign that Robin is on the way, paired with another villain.

I like them, obviously given my screen name, but I'm out of places to put this sort of thing and if I get another collectible that has to be stored forever in the box, my wife's going to start measuring me for one.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

SprangFan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:36 pm if I get another collectible that has to be stored forever in the box, my wife's going to start measuring me for one.
That is hilarious! :lol:
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jim K, Bat fan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:01 pm
SprangFan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:36 pm if I get another collectible that has to be stored forever in the box, my wife's going to start measuring me for one.
That is hilarious! :lol:
This thread has officially peaked :lol:
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

SprangFan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:36 pm I like them, obviously given my screen name, but I'm out of places to put this sort of thing and if I get another collectible that has to be stored forever in the box, my wife's going to start measuring me for one.
Jackie said the same thing about me if I buy another plastic kit. My attic area is insulated with them! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Lou Szabo wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:14 pm They do have a Joker, but it’s a Gotham byGaslight Joker
And they have ten different Batmen, so a Golden Age Joker is definitely a possibility.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

SprangFan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:36 pm Robin would have made more sense, but how else to work in Two-Face but in a two-pack?

Maybe this should be taken as a good sign that Robin is on the way, paired with another villain.

I like them, obviously given my screen name, but I'm out of places to put this sort of thing and if I get another collectible that has to be stored forever in the box, my wife's going to start measuring me for one.
This is where you guys are going off the rails, toys are for taking out of the box and displaying or playing with them. THIS is the reason I don't buy everything that comes out, I wait for stuff that really appeals to me.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Yeah, my Bat collection is somewhere in the area of over 2,500 items. Half of it is displayed (at least maybe up to half) but the rest is boxed up in the basement storage room. I'd love to get this, and the Robin when it comes out, and I'd love to invest in the Jazzinc. Batmobile as well as I have the figures for it, but at this point I just don't know where to put anything new (and my storage room is just about over full capacity to boot!). Maybe my neighbor's basement? :P
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"