Shot in the Dark - Any Jersey Robin T-Shirts Left? LOL

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
WishItWas1984

Shot in the Dark - Any Jersey Robin T-Shirts Left? LOL

Post by WishItWas1984 »

So 12 years ago I bought two Robin Underoos replica t-shirts from someone here. His name was Brett and from Jersey. He sold not just that, but Riddler, Goon shirts, and I think Batgirl.

Anyway, they are two of the best quality shirts I've bought in the last 12 years and are a staple in my t-shirt rotation around the house. But after 12 years, they are not long for this world.

So the shot in the dark is if this guy is still here and still selling shirts. I imagine the odds are zero, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :) If not, does anyone know of a good quality alternative for such a Robin shirt?
Jim Akin

Re: Shot in the Dark - Any Jersey Robin T-Shirts Left? LOL

Post by Jim Akin »

I'm pretty sure the guy you're looking for uses the message board handle "njboywonder." His profile indicates he was last active on the board in February 2022, so he's likely still around. I have no idea if he's still got Robin shirts, but sending him a PM couldn't hurt.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Curious...what brand tshirt are they?
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

WishItWas1984 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:01 pm So 12 years ago I bought two Robin Underoos replica t-shirts from someone here. His name was Brett and from Jersey. He sold not just that, but Riddler, Goon shirts, and I think Batgirl.

Anyway, they are two of the best quality shirts I've bought in the last 12 years and are a staple in my t-shirt rotation around the house. But after 12 years, they are not long for this world.

So the shot in the dark is if this guy is still here and still selling shirts. I imagine the odds are zero, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :) If not, does anyone know of a good quality alternative for such a Robin shirt?
Your best bet is to send Brett/NJboywonder a Private Message, even if he does not log onto the message board regularly, he *should* get an email notification that you have corresponded with him. Good luck!
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

Thanks Jim and Ben for that info and suggestion. I went ahead and sent him a PM. Oddly enough, his t-shirts are still his board avatar. Maybe I'll get lucky! :)
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

rsaffle wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:21 am Curious...what brand tshirt are they?
The tag is Gilden Ultra Cotton.

Over the years, I've always been a fan of Gilden. Although I rarely buy t-shirts anymore. They are so expensive, fits are all over the place, and most everything is thin now. The rare cases I do buy, I only pull the trigger if the seller confirms it's a Gilden or Hanes.