Working with William Studio2 on A Custom Cowl

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Working with William Studio2 on A Custom Cowl

Post by AndyFish »

Over the years I've owned many different reproduction cowls but the record goes to Chuck and Lynne, I think I've bought 4-5 cowls from them in that time. Folks would come into my studio for an appointment, take one look at my row of cowls and want one and I'd have to order another one. Their ability to nail the look over and over again was uncanny.

About six months or a year ago I had an idea to have them make me another one but with some tweaks that matched more of what looked right inside the demented corners of my own mind. It didn't take them six months or a year-- it was me doodling out what I was looking for. So I asked him to do a unique take-- use a fabric that has started to fade to purple and do the markings slightly bolder in white rather than the traditional light blue. Well after a couple of weeks it's ready and he sent me the pics-- and I'm over the moon for it.

CHUCK Purple Cowl copy.jpg
That's my new cowl on the right-- a traditional cowl on the left. So this is my 100% unique right in my head cowl-- and I'm excited for it to make it's journey across the country this week. Chuck and Lynne did their usual exceptional job.
Larry A.

Re: Working with William Studio2 on A Custom Cowl

Post by Larry A. »

I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That color looks like the color of my Wally cowl, when I photographed it next to the 50th anniversary cowl.
IMG_4794.JPG
IMG_4794.JPG (63.13 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
IMG_4793.JPG
IMG_4793.JPG (61.3 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
IMG_4792.JPG
IMG_4792.JPG (56.04 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
IMG_4791.JPG
IMG_4791.JPG (58.33 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

And THAT Lou was absolutely one of the things I was going for, and Chuck and Lynne nailed it!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Wait, back up a minute...
Folks would come into my studio for an appointment, take one look at my row of cowls and want one and I'd have to order another one.
So you're saying visitors would admire your cowls, and you'd just GIVE them one?

I'd like to make an appointment...
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Ha- no they'd admire them, ask how much they were and hand me a stack of cash and walk out with a cowl. I'd give them the ordering details but on more than one occasion they wanted it now, so I took care of them.

Meanwhile, the cowl arrived and it's even better in person than in the photos Chuck sent-- always stunned by their work.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

This turned out very nicely indeed! The perception versus reality argument is a really interesting one and I'm stoked for you that C&L were able to bring yours to life like this!