Mego 50th Anniversary-- The Return!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Larry A.

Re: Mego 50th Anniversary-- The Return!

Post by Larry A. »

I am waiting for the original comic purple and green Catwoman reissue. I just never got in to the silly "cat eyes" and tail thing. BTW, I just buy mine frome FTC and Her sister site wwhose name escapes me. Must be "Old Timers' Disease". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Larry
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Mego is also doing Scarecrow for the 50th line. No word on Mr. Freeze yet but would be nice.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Probably ClassicTVToys.com Larry-- FYI I think the Mego's are much better quality than the FTC figs.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Classic TV Toy.com IS the one, Andy. I held off on the 1st release of the Classic Grey/Green Cat Woman because the outfit just did not look correct. Because of the way FTC has raised their prices, I'm going to start buying from Mego directly.

Thanks for Your input, my Friend!
Larry
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:06 am always left on the shelf, I know we thought he was a dopey looking character.
My younger brother collected original Megos - and I enjoyed them through him. I hated that Mr. Mxyzpltk was a regular 8" figure, so I bought him the little Mr. Mxyzpltk "Bendy" figure. Much better scale!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
SketchCardsAndCovers

Post by SketchCardsAndCovers »

I so clearly remember playing with these as a kid. We had a laundry shoot in the bathroom "you dropped clothes/towels down to the laundry room in the basement" I stuck two copper pipes in it and batman and robin slide up and down the bat poles all day long.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Sounds like Fun!
Larry
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

rickkrefft wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:12 pm Mego is also doing Scarecrow for the 50th line. No word on Mr. Freeze yet but would be nice.
Interesting. If they used the comic book Freeze as the template as seen below on this 1968 cover of Detective Comics #373:

I would be very interested in buying it. The '68 Freeze's face has a great, maniacal look that would work well in the Mego format.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

hisyouthfulward wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:44 am Robin was the first Mego I owned, followed by Batman. I first became aware of them by seeing a full page ad in Famous Monsters of Filmland. I think I purchased them at my local Ben Franklin 5 and 10 store. By the by, I found that if you took a twist tie and went around Robin at the wrists, his gloves would look more like they were drawn in the comic books. For those interested (since the topic worked its way into this one) here I am as Sir Graves Ghastly at the Greenfield Village Hallowe'en Nights walk a few years back with my beautiful wife and kids
Your costume is amazing and I'll echo you looked just like Sir Graves. That's actually who I thought it was when I just looked at the pic. :shock:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Mego Batman (Adam West style) I haven’t found Robin yet.
Attachments
IMG_7840.jpeg
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

rickkrefft wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:45 pm Mego Batman (Adam West style) I haven’t found Robin yet.
Was it a Big Lots exclusive as stated by the Mego Museum?
Beneath Wayne Manor
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

In the USA it is exclusive to Big Lots.