Mego 50th Anniversary-- The Return!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: Mego 50th Anniversary-- The Return!

Post by AndyFish »

Larry A. wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:12 pm My Folks didn't have the money for the Batcave, and I was an adult, newly married and paying all my own bills when it came to the ST:TMP playset so I didn't have monies for that SOOOOOO, like the Batcave, I built and painted my own. Problems solved!
The Star Trek playset I had wasn't from TMP it was from TOS-- it came out the first year the figures came out. I grew up in a single mother household with no money but between paper routes, can returns and lawn mowing I managed to get the things I wanted. I don't know what my aversion to most playsets and vehicles was, I just didn't see the need, most of them were just vinyl boxes, I know one of my friends had the Planet of the Apes tree house and he'd bring that over, I think he only had one ape figure but I had all of them-- I was big into POTA.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I was big into POTA as well and earned the money for my set of figures. A few Years later, I got to meet Kim Hunter over at St. Louis where She was in a play or some such. THEN about 30 years ago, I was at the Galactica 15 Yahren reunion and made friends with Stu Phillips who really wrote the TOS Battlestar Galactica soundtrack and Stu took me over to his place to get and give me a tape of the "Living Legend and Aollo/Serina wedding music. On our way, Stu asked if I minded him stopping down the canyon from his house to check on an ill friend. Of course, I didn't mind. Who should answer the door, but Stu's sick friend: Cornelius/Cesar himself...Roddy McDowell! Yes, he was sick, but was VERY gracious to me after Stu explained why I was with him. He was pleased that I had seen most all of his films, (I had because Mom and I watched them when they came up on TV). Another wonderful actor gone too soon :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Roddy always seemed like a true gentleman.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Larry A. wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:00 pm I was big into POTA as well and earned the money for my set of figures. A few Years later, I got to meet Kim Hunter over at St. Louis where She was in a play or some such. THEN about 30 years ago, I was at the Galactica 15 Yahren reunion and made friends with Stu Phillips who really wrote the TOS Battlestar Galactica soundtrack and Stu took me over to his place to get and give me a tape of the "Living Legend and Aollo/Serina wedding music. On our way, Stu asked if I minded him stopping down the canyon from his house to check on an ill friend. Of course, I didn't mind. Who should answer the door, but Stu's sick friend: Cornelius/Cesar himself...Roddy McDowell! Yes, he was sick, but was VERY gracious to me after Stu explained why I was with him. He was pleased that I had seen most all of his films, (I had because Mom and I watched them when they came up on TV). Another wonderful actor gone too soon :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Great story! I'm a huge Apes fan myself.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: FWIW: Roddy told us that we had just missed Elizabeth Taylor by 15 minutes!!!!!!!!Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Liz Taylor I would have been "meh". ;). Roddy and Kim-- all on board!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

AndyFish wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:17 am Liz Taylor I would have been "meh". ;). Roddy and Kim-- all on board!

A year later, I was passing through my "local" Air Terminal, (St Louis International/Lambert Field) nd while waiting on my flight, I went into one of the lounges nd there waqs Ms. Taylor with one of Her entourage, As She got up to leave. a bit later, She walked by my seat. As She came by, I said "Hi" and told Heer that She was my and my Mom's favorite actress and that I had seen most of Her movies, watching them with Mom. She thanked me VEERY graciously and asked, just out of curiosity how old Mom was. I told Her and She REALLY smiled at me and said, "We're the same age! Tell Her, please that I said "Thanks"! I said, "Yes, Ma'am". (Which I did, btw). and She went on. My flight wasn't scheduled for another 25 minutes. so I stayed put until then. I didn't have the heart to tell Ms. Taylor that other than Her fancy lothes, She reminded me a lot of my Mom :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Larry
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I found a pre-order for new Megos that I hadn't heard about until now. Yes, a lot are the girl figures. lol
Scarecrow
Catwoman
Batgirl
Bizzaro
Braniac
Supergirl
Wonder Woman

https://shop.beyondtoys.co.uk/?s=mego+5 ... gwt_wcas=1
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

Where is the best place to find the Mego’s in the USA? Both pre-orders and those that are already available? How about the display box? I cannot seem to find any at a reasonable price or even most of the complete set, just a piece here or there and many way overpriced.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

greatlakes6 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:52 am Where is the best place to find the Mego’s in the USA? Both pre-orders and those that are already available? How about the display box? I cannot seem to find any at a reasonable price or even most of the complete set, just a piece here or there and many way overpriced.
The figures are best found online; greedy types and eBay sharks stripped the shelves of Wal-Mart clean. The official Mego store on amazon or Entertainment Earth were a good source..until some of the figures were sold out. Not sure if the company had plans to produce another round of figures.
Beneath Wayne Manor
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

greatlakes6 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:52 am Where is the best place to find the Mego’s in the USA? Both pre-orders and those that are already available? How about the display box? I cannot seem to find any at a reasonable price or even most of the complete set, just a piece here or there and many way overpriced.
Many of the larger toy sites all seem to be sold out for pre-orders on the first wave. I would recommend pre-ordering the next wave from Big Bad Toy Company, they seem to have the best price at 18$ compared to 22$ at Entertainment earth.
Amazon is probably my next stop.

Walmart seems to have Robin and Superman locally and I saw those today at mine. The Green Lantern and Flash may be the hardest to find. I didnt pre-order those and they are pricey now.

I can't find anything about the Mego box but I got a similar box from Figures Toy Company.
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

Thanks for the info guys.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

ZLC Collectibles and Movie Posters Etc are where I got mine from. The box is from Figures Toy Company.
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

Thanks Andy, I ordered from ZLC last night and also from FTC for the box.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Appears like the Mego 50th wave will include a Two Face figure. This was sent in the Mego Museum newsletter.
Attachments
COVER.jpg