HOT TOYS BATMAN REPLACEMENT TIGHTS

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Jimmy L. 66

HOT TOYS BATMAN REPLACEMENT TIGHTS

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Greetings Citizens!
Does anyone here make, or know of anyone that does, replacement tights for a Hot Toys Batman? I found a used one, but his tights are a little janky. I seem to remember a thread about them, but I cannot find it.
Any help would be great.
Ben Bentley

Re: HOT TOYS BATMAN REPLACEMENT TIGHTS

Post by Ben Bentley »

Tony Mei was making the replacement suits that Wally, Andy and others had purchased, but I’m not sure if he is still offering them.

Hopefully someone has some up to date info or a link.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yup, Tony Mei makes suits that are better than the original Hot Toys ones-- and I would have never believed it. If you're on Facebook (I'm not) I'm told he's easy to find on that. If you can't find him shoot me a DM and I'll send you his contact info.
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

I check in with him ever so often, and asked him since the 1/6th Batmobile is set for release would he make the 66 suits again, he always say ( I don’t know) I know he’s busy and if he’s not in love with it he’s not doing it for busy work🤣.
Fingers crossed he will
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yeah sometimes it's like you have to say a secret phrase with Tony. The replacement outfit alone has come up on eBay a number of times in the past.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Thanks all!
I didn't see anything on Ebay, but have reached out to Tony via Facebook.
I'll post some pics if it eventually works out.
Cheers!
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

I think the secret phrase to use with Tony would be, "I want to see pictures of your cute new baby!" (He and Crystal recently became parents of a beautiful kiddo!)
Planejack777

Post by Planejack777 »

I wonder what the Hot Toys still in the box Batman and Robin figures along with a set of Tony Meis replacement uniform for Batman would bring on eBay? These are tough times for all!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

We may just find out-- I'm going to dig out the boxes for mine and make sure I have all the extra parts for the figures-- if I do have them I'm going to put them up for sale. I love 'em-- they're great, but I really need to thin my collection a great deal. So Tony Mei suit and all--plus Robin the boy wonder-- and I think the original batman suit is in the box so we'll see how they do.
Planejack777

Post by Planejack777 »

Good Luck. When you’re done…I’ve got mine all ready…all still in their boxes..and never removed. I never did try Tony’s suit in either. Oh well, I bet it looks second to none, but I too can’t fit it all in one room!
Frank_The_Riddler

Post by Frank_The_Riddler »

Does he also make robin replacement vest ? For the hot toy 66 robin
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

It took quite some time but I finally received my replacement tights from Tony Mei. They look fabulous, are definitely more screen accurate, and well worth the wait.
does anyone have any experience or tips to replace the old ones?
How do I get the head, hands, and boots off?
Do I need to cut the belt?
Any help would be appreciated.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

No-- absolutely do not cut the belt off-- and be careful of the buckle, it will come off if you pull too hard.

The belt will slide down the figure with some gentle nudging. The head and hands pop off with minor pressure-- that lets you slide off the gloves and the same with the boots.

I am not a customizer, not experience with "dressing" dolls and I was able to replace the suit with very little effort-- it was so long ago I don't remember the exact steps but it was simple.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:58 am No-- absolutely do not cut the belt off-- and be careful of the buckle, it will come off if you pull too hard.

The belt will slide down the figure with some gentle nudging. The head and hands pop off with minor pressure-- that lets you slide off the gloves and the same with the boots.

I am not a customizer, not experience with "dressing" dolls and I was able to replace the suit with very little effort-- it was so long ago I don't remember the exact steps but it was simple.
Thanks Andy! I will give it a try.
I appreciate the info on the belt!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:59 am
AndyFish wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:58 am No-- absolutely do not cut the belt off-- and be careful of the buckle, it will come off if you pull too hard.

Thanks Andy! I will give it a try.
I appreciate the info on the belt!
Can't wait to see the new Tony Mei suit on your figure! Are you getting rid of some of that bulking that they did around the Adam figure's waist?

Do you know if Tony happens to be using the fabric that Chuck and Lynne made available?