1/6 Joker, 1966 , 4 options By Mars Toys

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: 1/6 Joker, 1966 , 4 options By Mars Toys

Post by Lou Szabo »

More details
CC6AF7E9-1850-41F4-AD30-FDC7D1077713.jpeg
EAC4559D-69EC-4FE1-A837-C70770E907CF.jpeg
836BD435-21B0-40F5-B78E-6086284FEE18.jpeg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Well the workaround is simple-- these are all bootlegs. Chinese companies are notorious for taking figures from other companies and then duplicating them. It's a hit or miss with the end result (and of course your personal feelings about supporting a product that is bypassing the rights holder). But when a Joker figure is called "Prank Villain" you can be sure they didn't license the rights.

Mezco made a Hellboy 1/12th figure which I got to play around with at SDCC and it was really beautiful and really expensive. A friend stopped by to show me what he thought was the same figure for about 1/8th the price "brand new" and it's not-- the joints are weak and parts fall off. The hologram on the packaging isn't real and although at first glance it looks like the real thing it's a knockoff. Is it as good as the original? No way-- but is it 1/8th as good-- sure thing.

I'm a big fan of Howard Chan and what he's done with Hot Toys-- he's been great to me, but he doesn't cut corners and he goes through licensing which is why his figures are expensive.
Todd Grimes

Post by Todd Grimes »

greatlakes6 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:33 pm Onesixthkit is a top notch seller, no issues to worry about.
Good to know! I've never ordered from them before.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

DrewMasie wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:47 pm Batman and Robin are listed on this site for $185: https://www.comicsanctorum.com/product/ ... igure-set/

This doesn't include shipping, but that's a $60 difference. Maybe too good to be true?
The price is for a two-pack?

Any off-site customer reviews for the company, business practices and their work?
Beneath Wayne Manor
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:44 am Well the workaround is simple-- these are all bootlegs. Chinese companies are notorious for taking figures from other companies and then duplicating them. It's a hit or miss with the end result (and of course your personal feelings about supporting a product that is bypassing the rights holder). But when a Joker figure is called "Prank Villain" you can be sure they didn't license the rights.

I'm a big fan of Howard Chan and what he's done with Hot Toys-- he's been great to me, but he doesn't cut corners and he goes through licensing which is why his figures are expensive.
For all we know, it could be the same Factory... a company I worked for had the parts refurbished in China. The company also made “new parts” without labels for the in country market.

Hot Toys may reissue Batman and Robin if they like, the $$$value is high enough on the secondary market. You can also get an unlicensed one from Wes at Classic Plastic.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:51 am
DrewMasie wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:47 pm Batman and Robin are listed on this site for $185: https://www.comicsanctorum.com/product/ ... igure-set/

This doesn't include shipping, but that's a $60 difference. Maybe too good to be true?
The price is for a two-pack?

Any off-site customer reviews for the company, business practices and their work?
Justin's Collection on YouTube has reviewed some of these figures, and he mentioned that he purchased them through Comics Sanctorum, so that suggests they are legit.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Thanks for the info, DrewMasie.

I'm very interested in that two pack.
Beneath Wayne Manor
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

This is no different than the issue that Chuck is posting about with people ripping off his cowl work-- guys don't support bootleggers. The Batman and Robin are direct copies of Hot Toys figures. Not cool at all.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

AndyFish wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:58 pm This is no different than the issue that Chuck is posting about with people ripping off his cowl work-- guys don't support bootleggers. The Batman and Robin are direct copies of Hot Toys figures. Not cool at all.
Exactly.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

It does send up red flags for sure. Why would a company that can produce photo like head sculpts need or want to just duplicate the Hot Toys ones? Why not just make new Batman & Robin Heads to not cause this kind of conflict? Makes me question the other figures and if they will be real or end up looking nothing like these pics. They almost look Photoshop.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rsaffle wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:38 pm It does send up red flags for sure. Why would a company that can produce photo like head sculpts need or want to just duplicate the Hot Toys ones? Why not just make new Batman & Robin Heads to not cause this kind of conflict? Makes me question the other figures and if they will be real or end up looking nothing like these pics. They almost look Photoshop.
The Hot Toys dupes are not being produced by the same company as the Joker, Penguin and Riddler 1/6th custom figures. “Mars Toys” are doing the villains and confusingly/ironically “Saturn Toys” are producing the knock off Adam and Burt.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Confusion is part of the modus operandi of these shady companies. Crazy Toys is another one. Folks, I'm not saying you can't buy a cowl made by someone other than Chuck Williams (although if you want the best one why would you), and you shouldn't buy another maker's 66 Figures-- but companies who take someone else's work and scan it to make inferior dupes (or even dupes of the same caliber for that matter) should NEVER be supported. They are THIEVES. It's unethical to steal from someone else and call it your work. Don't support them.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

In the vein of some of these discussions here is a great example of knockoffs that made me chuckle.
This is the type of thing my parents would have bought for me. LOL
Attachments
BMFAUX.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

That kid is getting a rock in his Halloween bag.
Frank_The_Riddler

Post by Frank_The_Riddler »

I’m surprised this site is allowing post of things that are not licensed for sale by dc Warner brothers.