Custom Corgi Batcopter on ebay

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Custom Corgi Batcopter on ebay

Post by Lou Szabo »

Not my auction.

I have a 1/48 version that is about 10 years old, and this one states 1/43 scale.
The newest Corgis are 1/43 scale, the older are 1/48 or 1/72 (both perfect for Hot Wheels 1/50 and 1/64 scales).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325442464131

Not cheap, but if you want the Bat-Trinity, you'll need this one.
Batcopter L & R.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Re: Custom Corgi Batcopter on ebay

Post by Ben Bentley »

That's quite nicely done! If I recall correctly, did you end up with a larger custom Bat-Copter of some sort Lou?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Mine is 1/48 so it’s right in line with Factory Entertainment Batcave. Mine is from 2010 to 2012. The new Corgis are 1/43. I think Corgi could easily make a Batcopter to go with their new Batmobile. Pricing on the Police versions range from $30 to $90, so we don’t know what this charge would be
Frank_The_Riddler

Post by Frank_The_Riddler »

The batcopter canopy was never fully enclosed why would you do all that detail and have the doors closed off ?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Frank_The_Riddler wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:38 pm The batcopter canopy was never fully enclosed why would you do all that detail and have the doors closed off ?
I'm guessing it's because the base model/toy Bell Helicopter that this custom Bat-Copter is built from had doors on the canopy that were moulded as one piece. The donor copter for the custom appears to be made by Fleer Collectibles from the mid-2000s.

For anyone with the modelling or painting skills, this Corgi Bell 47 is a far cheaper option:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/939857150/ ... skEALw_wcB
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Yup, that’s it! On the surface, this is a layup for Corgi to produce a Batcopter more in scale with the 1/43 car, if they get the license.

I totally forgot about the Eagle moss version

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165808677523
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Really neat how the Corgi figures fit in this-- I would have been all over this as a kid.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batcopter
Found this while researching something else in relation to the TV series....

During lease

The Batcopter from Batman (1966)[4]

Demonstration flight in 2013
The first appearance of the Batcopter was in the 1966 film Batman. Unlike the Batmobile, the Batcycle, and the Batboat, it was not intended for use in the 1960s Batman television series, which did not have the budget to create such elaborate vehicles. While the other vehicles were bought by 20th Century Fox, the Batcopter was only leased for the movie. It cost Fox $750 a day for five days from April 7 to April 11, 1966.

The Batcopter was a functional helicopter provided by National Helicopter Service.[5] It was based on the Bell 47, which was designed by Bell Helicopter Textron in 1941. The Batcopter was a G3B-1 model with FAA registration N3079G,[6] which had previously been used in the TV-series Lassie[7] and ABC News. To make the model look more like a superhero vehicle, it was fitted with canvas-covered tubular frames and was painted red. The head of a bat was painted in the front while the Batman symbol was painted on the side. The most dangerous design change was the wings, which reduced power by nearly fifty percent.

For the scenes at sea, the Batcopter was taped at Marineland of the Pacific in Palos Verdes, California. Most of the shots were relatively far away as the pilot was Harry Haus, not Adam West, the actor playing Batman. Hubie Kerns donned the Batman outfit to perform the stunts, namely climbing the rope ladder attached to the helicopter while kicking and pepper-spraying a shark which then explodes.[8]

Additional footage of the Batcopter was shot for eventual inclusion in seasons two and three of the TV series.

After lease
Edit
When the Batcopter was returned to National, the wings and tubes were removed. It was repainted to look like all the other helicopters and was used for various purposes over the years, such as covering the 1968 Super Bowl. Eventually National replaced its Bell 47's and sold them. The helicopter which had previously served as the Batcopter was bought by the President of NockAir Helicopter, Inc., Eugene Nock. He repainted it and replaced the tubes so that it could once again be called the Batcopter. The wings, however, were not replaced as they were manufactured specifically for the Batman movie and were insured for only that use. Extending the products liability insurance for their continued use after the movie was not possible so National kept the wings in-house for many years in case a sequel was considered. The wings were destroyed around 1979 so that there would be no possibility of their re-installation. The Batcopter has been retrofitted with new equipment and electronics so that it can now attain altitudes up to 18000 feet, speeds up to 105 miles per hour, and flight times up to 2 hours and 45 minutes.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

The wings look to be undersize. and Robin's cape should NOT be painted gold. Other than that, it looks acceptable.
Larry