Batcopter kit

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Batcopter kit

Post by Lou Szabo »

A guy on Facebook bought a Batcopter kit from an outfit called T and T. I can’t find them, but here’s some photos.

You have to buy this
Mash Bell H-13 model
Mash Bell H-13 model
The kit
Instructions
Instructions
Parts b
Parts b
Parts a
Parts a
If I find out more, or you do please post it.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Lou Szabo

Re: Batcopter kit

Post by Lou Szabo »

Maybe you don’t even need the Bell kit
hisyouthfulward

Post by hisyouthfulward »

The last I ever heard about T and T was way back in the 90’s. I started kitbashing that MASH copter into the Batcopter way back in my single days and is somewhere in my basement, waiting to be finished. Those curved resin wings are more accurate than my flat ones.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

This kit is what I'M looking for.
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

It looks like it will be in scale for the Aurora Batmobile, so pretty big. That Mash copter is 1/40 scale.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That MASH copter may be found here:
https://www.diecastdirect.com/product/32545/Model-Kits
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Given the current price of the Revell kit, I think that I'm just going to start back on the Fiddlers' Green cardstock kit. It is rather large scale, although. the scale is not given. In order to make it look authentic, the wings and interior have to be built from scratch. If anyone is interested, I'll contact the owner of FG and see if He knows the scale. Even with the little bit of extra work, it is still cheaper than the plastic and resin work.

Cheers!
Larry
PimpMyBatmobile.Com

Post by PimpMyBatmobile.Com »

We were distributors for the T&T bat kits in the 90's. Regarding the Batcopter kit, it was a vey basic, resin, stripped down version of the Bell kit but most people just used the wings and used the Revell (or the MRC). The wings are too rounded as many renditions of the '66 Batcopter are. In reality, the wings are curved, but if you flattened them, they would look more angular and flat.

My favorite method for this model is to use almost all the Revell parts, and fabricate my own wings from a sheet of styrene and my templates. We also had created accurate decals for the front cockpit and the gas tanks that helped make the project easier. The paint was a subdued red, to match the original as opposed to the bright reds that some of the smaller toys that have come out, used.

I've attached a scan of the wings and the cockpit decals, feel free to use them. I don't anticipate us putting out the decals again anytime soon.

Just some more detail - A lot of people prefer the MRC Bell copter model because the fuel tanks are closer to the show-used versions etc. This is a more expensive kit to try to find, but it's out there.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
batcopter.jpg
batcopter.jpg (43.59 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
bc04.jpg
copter-comp.jpg
COPTERDECALS.jpg
batcopter wings.jpg
PimpMyBatmobile.Com

Additionally, I've been working off and on on a 1:6 version that would compliment the Jazzinc car nicely. It's made from a Century RC Bell copter model. Here are a few images of the donor RC copter I'm using as well as a completed model from a friend of mine who's made this conversion before.
Attachments
$(KGrHqVHJBUE8e4mjbCpBPO,MVzTrg~~60_58.JPG
DCP00092.jpg
$(KGrHqZHJCYE8flq+WNsBPO,MrTkhQ~~60_58.JPG
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Wow Scot, that's awesome! Been a long time. How big are the blades?
PimpMyBatmobile.Com

On the big 1:6 project? Well, the blades are where it doesn't stay as realistic as I'd like, because the company (Century) actually used the blades for flying, so I had fabricated my own for that model (which remains unfinished) and I'm not sure how long they are, but they're significant. Probably close to 16" at a guess?
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You "Pimp My Batmobile"!!!!!!! It will certainly be of great help!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
dell

Post by dell »

Another option might be to get someone to design the wings and 3D print them. They seem like a pretty straightforward shape that wouldn't be very difficult to design. (Note: I have never designed anything for 3D printing). Some of the stuff I've had 3D printed is far, far, far more complicated than these wings. A quick check at Thingiverse found nothing for the Batcopter.
dell
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Great to see you here, Scot! I hope all is well. I follow you on Instagram and it's been seeing your mods for the Jazz Inc car.

That 1/6 Batcopter looks so much fun!

I did a double-taken when I first saw this photo as I thought at first that it was on the lawn of Desilu Culver :lol: