JazzInc Batmobile Upgrade Antenna

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
PimpMyBatmobile.Com

JazzInc Batmobile Upgrade Antenna

Post by PimpMyBatmobile.Com »

Hi everyone. I haven't been "forum hanging" in a long time. I was asked by a regular to post something here for non-Facebook folks and I'm doing so now. In November, Pete and I announced the first upgrade we would be offering for the 1:6 JazzInc Batmobile model. This part sold out a first run and is on the verge of selling out its second (and most likely final) run. Here's the original announcement:

There are not a lot of things to gripe-about, revise or fix on the JazzInc Dioramas 1:6 1966 Batmobile model. Believe me, I've looked! We stand by our statement that it's the most accurate 1966 Batmobile model - EVER.

That said, there are a very few small detail items that could be a bit more realistic, screen-accurate, or more effectively rendered. Our eagle-eyed, tiny-hands guy, Pete, (who also consulted on the original model, same as I did) has created a replacement part for the rear trunk antenna that looks more screen-accurate, to scale, and uses telescoping metal to create more realism.

The important part as we try to make a few replacement/upgrade parts is that they stay absolutely NON-Invasive and Plug & Play/Drop-In. We know that most collectors aren't modelers and don't want to drill, fabricate, paint, or enlarge holes. Therefore, this new antenna just swaps in for the original one. No modification to the original model is needed. Just place your original antenna in a little baggie and put it away for safekeeping. As always with Pimp My Batmobile!, This is the ultimate in display accuracy.

We're not going to be putting things up on the website or in a catalog anymore. I've decided to take a cue from Joost or all the other makers out there who gauge interest, and then release a limited drop. So, yes, we have a few other items planned. But no, I'm not going to discuss them or announce them now. Right now, we're collecting interest in this part only. If you've got the model, and you want the absolute best upgrade parts for it, starting with this rear antenna replacement, email me at radioscooter@yahoo.com and I'll get you the details. We're down to the last few slots in our second run available right now. Not going to mention the price in this thread so please don't ask. And we're not going to get into speculation about other possible upgrade parts. Everyone has shared some great ideas with us, but we have to balance what people want with what would sell for all owners, and also the ability to keep these upgrades "Plug 'N Play" for the non-modelers and people unwilling to have to remove or grind or otherwise prep an area for a new part.

Anyway, that's the news of the moment!
#tothebatmobile
Attachments
Antenna-comp-04.jpg
Antenna-comp-03.jpg
Antenna-Comp-02.jpg
antenna-comp-01.gif
Planejack777

Re: JazzInc Batmobile Upgrade Antenna

Post by Planejack777 »

Thank you for this thread.
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

Thank you for sharing the information here, much appreciated.
PimpMyBatmobile.Com

Post by PimpMyBatmobile.Com »

UPDATE ON 2ND RUN OF 1:6 ANTENNAS: We actually don't have any slots left at this moment. I'm trying to convince our maker to add a few more to this run, but I don't have any guarantees yet. I'm taking any names for a waiting list on the chance that he can produce a few more. Email me at radioscooter@yahoo.com