Unusual '66 Bat toys on auction

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rsaffle

Unusual '66 Bat toys on auction

Post by rsaffle »

I spend a lot of time looking up Batman merchandise and thought I would share some "new" toys, at least new to me, that I found over on Heritage auctions.
Attachments
Capture aa.JPG
Capture aaa.JPG
Capture aaaa.JPG
Capture aaaaaa.JPG
Capture aab.JPG
Capture aabb.JPG
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
rsaffle

Re: Unusual '66 Bat toys on auction

Post by rsaffle »

a couple more
Attachments
Capture aabbb.JPG
Capture aabbbb.JPG
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Another cool auction.

One-of-a-kind 1:6 scale Batman Batcave Diorama with Prototypes (Hot Toys, 2016) Caped Crusader fans will instantly recognize this classic setting from the 1966 Batman TV show... the Bat Cave! Meticulously recreated by a talented team of artists and craftsmen, this one-of-a-kind diorama was created to be displayed publicly at the Batman 100% Hot Toys Exhibition in September of 2016. This date coincided with the release of the first Suicide Squad movie in Tokyo and lasted for 2 weeks.

The diorama measures 9' wide by 5' deep by 4' tall and includes an impressive number of custom-made pieces, not the least of which is the pre-production '66 Batmobile that was first displayed at San Diego Comic-con in 2012. While initially planned for a full release by Hot Toys, this Batmobile has yet to be available, making it the only one produced to date by the company.

The stone cave walls are the base of this setting with an Atomic Generator set in the back wall, two large pipes flanking it on either side. While the Bat-boat sits in the rear grotto, a variety of machines often employed in the TV show fill the room. In the center, a crescent-shaped stand with four unique Bat-suits brings to life the cover of Detective Comics #165 – "The Strange Costumes of Batman!"

Everything pictured is included. The Batcave walls are constructed of foam and the floor is plywood-based. The computers and scanners can be wired underneath and hooked up to an electrical box that is included but was not connected or tested at the time of photography. The Bat-boat with trailer and stand are custom pieces used for this setting but were not created by Hot Toys artists. The four Bat-suits are one of 2 sets in existence, each with their own sign describing the suits origin. And as previously mentioned, the Batmobile is one-of-a-kind and served as a prototype shown at San Diego Comic-Con in 2012.

Standing in front of this impressive diorama gives you the feeling that you are in the presence of something truly special. It transports you back to a simpler time of youth where you became vested in the fate of your favorite heroes versus the over-the-top villains they faced every week. This is the piece that begs to be at the center of your Batman collection.

https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/movie- ... ail-071515
Attachments
Capture 11111aabbbb.JPG
Capture 111111aabbbb.JPG
Capture 111aabbbb.JPG
Capture 1aabbbb.JPG
Capture 11aabbbb.JPG
Capture 1111aabbbb.JPG
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

The “wing a string” and the stickers. Those I remember.

I’ve seen the friction car before, but only years later. I don’t think I’ve seen the others before.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Somewhere in a box, I have Batman, Robin and villains rubber stamps of similar style. Mine were bought in the early 80s, on a card, and behind a plastic bubble.

The stamp pad in the set was hopeless: just a thin container with a piece of sponge and no functional ink, but the stamps were great. As a new elementary teacher, I used them in my students’ workbooks.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I think that's Howard Chan's Batcave-- he had those suits made. There are not enough superlatives to describe this July 12th Auction-- and I'm glad my Platinum Card has a $500,000 limit. Looks like I'll be earning some flying points soon. I'm wondering if this is Howard's entire Batman collection-- everything is Mint on Card-- includes the first Batman Action figure (the Marx toy from 1966) as well as carded examples of many of the toys I had as a kid and many that pre-date me and look amazing.

I buy a lot from Heritage, but be warned, with buyers premiums and a ridiculously high shipping rate (which yields very slow delivery) a lot of people get unhappy surprises with their totals-- for example I just won a $55 Golden Age Comic Book on Heritage three weeks ago, total was $94 and I still don't have it, which is par for the course.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Cool stuff. Here are the components of the Stephen's "THE BATMAN SET" kit and the Robin "HOLY SQUIRT" was just the Park Plastic company existing water gun with a sticker on it and a great graphic box.
Attachments
squirtpakplastic.jpg
BatmanPenFlyer copy.jpg
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Those were the days. They were junk, but there's something wonderfully fun about that.
--jthree
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

I still remember the Green Avenger squirt guns that my brother and I used to pretend were Green Hornet gas guns.