Hot Toys to make Keaton 1966 Batman style costume

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Hot Toys shows their Keaton Batman costume that has the Adam West Batman symbol, trunks and 1940s ears. It is the first one on the left. I hope it includes a Keaton faceplate.

The costume on the far right looks like an armor that fights Mr Freeze.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230531_000501_Facebook.jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Are they making all these figures? Howard often makes figures for himself and for displays but they don't always go into production. I wouldn't be too sure about these, but I like the take on the 60s Batman.
BatToys

Re: Hot Toys to make Keaton 1966 Batman style costume

Post by BatToys »

Andy, I would be surprised if Hot Toys makes all of them for sale to the public. But if the Flash movie is a big hit I'm sure a few of them will be sold to the public. And definitely I hope one of them will be the '66 Batman style costume.

My guess there would be more Batman figures after the movie is released. For example I'm hoping Adam West Batman appears as CGI.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I’d like this one with the 66 logo
IMG_1553.jpeg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Gotcha-- with DC's track record of movies I think hoping for a hit is a longshot-- but who knows, they are overdue.
I know I won't be going, but I'm not the demographic they want.
FLOYDLEWIS

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

some where along the line...people need to realize that there are also 1966 batman toys at walmart all the time,we just buy it so fast, they think there isn't any..meanwhile the new movie stuff gathers dust..they point to that and say..see..batman toys don't sell well.. I promise..NO 1966 batmobile will end up in a walmart dumpster
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

FLOYDLEWIS wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:08 pm some where along the line...people need to realize that there are also 1966 batman toys at walmart all the time,we just buy it so fast, they think there isn't any..meanwhile the new movie stuff gathers dust..they point to that and say..see..batman toys don't sell well.. I promise..NO 1966 batmobile will end up in a walmart dumpster
New movie merchandise sells well, depending on the type. Hot Toys' DCEU figures (Affleck's Batman, Cavill's Superman, Gadot's Wonder Woman, et al.) were constantly sold out from every vendor I use, whether domestically or internationally. It took some effort to get every version produced. They were some of the best DC and/or Batman-related toys ever made.

About the '66 Batmobile: I've seen Hot Wheels' 1:64 scale Batmobiles in the Wal-mart discount bin. Years earlier, Mattel's Batmobile (for the 6-inch figures) and die-cast TV Batcycle were consistently marked down because they were not that popular. So, '66 Batmobiles are not always a sell-out; I think you have some fans who prefer more realistic versions and steer clear of most of Mattel's output.
Beneath Wayne Manor
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

I guess it just depends on location and population. In my area, 1966 Batman toys sell out quickly, and all other Batman toys linger for ages until you feel sorry for them. I missed out on the 1:18 1966 Hot Wheels die-cast and the RC Batmobile back when they originally sold at Toys R Us because they got scooped up so quickly. McFarlane’s Batman ‘66 items are for sale in much larger quantities and STILL sell out. I barely snagged the Julie Catwoman, the Study diorama and several other items, and I am diligent about checking. Had to mail order some items.

I was also of the opinion that they should make more 1966 Batman items because they sell out so fast around here. I just figured it was that way everywhere. Even the Mattel items sold out at full price. Never saw it in a bargain bin. Ever. And they weren’t cheap. The Batman figures, as I remember, were $25 each back then. Same with the Funko items. More affordable but sold out quickly. The only ones I ever saw hanging for longer than a week would’ve been Bookworm or King Tut.

The 1:64 Batmobiles typically sold for $.99 around here, and even the variants got snagged. Not so with any of the other style Batmobiles. I do admit, however, that the Jada smaller 1966 Batmobiles hung around for a bit longer. But they were available in much larger quantities and, eventually, sold out. Usually within a month. Meanwhile, some of the other Jada Batmobiles were still sitting on the shelves at some of the stores even a year later.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Same here, a lot of '66 Batman stuff gets into the markdown area. Buyers are definitely middle aged guys-- I've seen it on three separate occasions. I've yet to see a kid in a restaurant or anywhere in public with a '66 Batman toy, but I have seen the rubber suit versions.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Valid point, Andy. The only time I’ve seen kids playing with 1966 Batman toys is when I give them one. I buy Batmobiles as gifts to children who never saw the show. I’ve even given DVD sets to them so they will know about the show. They do seem to appreciate the Batmobiles.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Another look, we need this
IMG_2126.jpeg
IMG_2142.jpeg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Those rubber underpants can't be too comfortable!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Those rubber underpants can't be too comfortable! And it looks like I was right about The Flash not being a hit-- in fact it's dubbed the biggest superhero failure of all time by this article.

https://www.dexerto.com/tv-movies/the-f ... e-2207388/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:17 am Those rubber underpants can't be too comfortable! And it looks like I was right about The Flash not being a hit-- in fact it's dubbed the biggest superhero failure of all time by this article.

https://www.dexerto.com/tv-movies/the-f ... e-2207388/
So is it off to a slow stat, or a Flash-in-the-pan?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Ouch Lou.
I can't believe someone didn't think to use those as headlines.