Robin Joins Batman in Planet Wallywood!

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
hobbybuilder01

Re: Robin Joins Batman in Planet Wallywood!

Post by hobbybuilder01 »

Short answer is that is the prototype actual head scan that Chuck reworked into to a younger version. Wally that Robin is a fantastic addition!!!
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Thanks guys and gals! Here's a final pic of the Dynamic Duo in Planet Wallywood. My pal Sergio came over last night and steamed and ironed Robin's vest and mask. He stitched Robin into the vest as well as the mask, so they aren't ever coming off. I polished up the brass on both belts nice and shiny. I added Robin's tether cord so he won't fall over in an earthquake. And as the final touch I added the sign with all the credits. I also gave the Batshield a polish with a special spray for plexiglass only.

I'm now just waiting for the electrician to hook up all the lighting again, as soon as I can get the Bard rewired and working again with the new switch.

The Adam face is a lifemask we took from him back in 1995 when I made the costume for his appearance in the 30th Anniversary magazine published by Famous Monsters. It was this lifemask that served as the basis for Chuck William's brilliant resculpt. I chose to keep this likeness for sentimental reasons.

I'm now 100% satisfied with this display. I'll have a video clip up on my website next week if you want to see further details.
Attachments
B&R in PW.jpg
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

And here's that video he was talking about!

batfan1705

Post by batfan1705 »

Scott Sebring wrote:And here's that video he was talking about!

Thanks for the link, Scott! The video was really cool, the Adam West lifemask makes the cowl look really eerie...in a good way!