Prince Adam's Bat Build - Complete

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Ben Bentley

Re: Prince Adam's Bat Build - Complete

Post by Ben Bentley »

Prince Adam wrote:Stephonit - Thanks for the kind words. I think it's the lighting that makes lines on the cowl stand out. I haven't done any modifications to Will's fine work. (and nor will I).

Wore the costume with my Wife's Batgirl for the first time at London Expo today. (in the changing rooms. Lol). The costumes got a lot of attention, and lots of comments from young & old on how they love the classic/Adam West/60's Batman.

We had a great time, and posed for tons of photos.

Adam

Adam, you guys look great!

I was planning on popping down for the Saturday of the Expo, but decided not to fairly last minute, had I know you were going to be there I would have definitely stopped by!
Prince Adam

Post by Prince Adam »

Gotham - The cowl is made by Will Reeb, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Ben - Yes, we're always at Expo with the UK Garrison. If you're around for the next one I'll let you know. Not sure if we're going to make MEM.

Adam
Gotham

Post by Gotham »

Does the cape have the 7 snaps like the show non-action cape or is it single snap or like the hero cape?
My costume was made over 20 years ago, tho great back then, it is not as accurate as the new ones, (todays standard) I have Paid for it in winning money from costume contests over the years!
It has always placed!
BTW keep the Pix coming, I really like the B&W's very artistic.
Personally I think you look better than the actor chosen for return to the Batcave.
he was a little Thick in my opinion... LOL
Nice job, you must be proud as a new Daddy!
I may not agree with what you say at times, But I will fight for your right to say it!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Prince Adam wrote:Gotham - The cowl is made by Will Reeb, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Ben - Yes, we're always at Expo with the UK Garrison. If you're around for the next one I'll let you know. Not sure if we're going to make MEM.

Adam
Its as if you read my mind, I was going to drop you an email to see if you were going to be at MEM!
Buffalo

Post by Buffalo »

What a great outfit. You look wonderful Adam. Good job and congratulations.
Shane Cox

Post by Shane Cox »

Your batman costume is amazing and after I looked at your pictures I noticed the book in your hand and was curious to know what it was about so I ordered one on eBay and now I can't stop reading it! Lots of good stuff in it! So thanks!!!
Prince Adam

Post by Prince Adam »

Shane Cox wrote:Your batman costume is amazing and after I looked at your pictures I noticed the book in your hand and was curious to know what it was about so I ordered one on eBay and now I can't stop reading it! Lots of good stuff in it! So thanks!!!

Heheh, thanks for the compliment. Glad you enjoy the book old chum!
Adam
Bat65

Post by Bat65 »

Very nice!
Serving Gotham since 1939
batjonsey36

Post by batjonsey36 »

Great job! I love seeing that so many of us can relive the energy and love of Batman!
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

You guys both look great!!!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Looks fantastic. GREAT job. Mine is almost there myself. I hope it looks as good as yours does!