Help on how to tie a Plush stuffed Shark to my leg.

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
QuickBat Allan

Help on how to tie a Plush stuffed Shark to my leg.

Post by QuickBat Allan »

I thought it would be fun to go to a Comic con with a shark tied to my leg. Now I have a stuffed mean looking Shark.... Now how to attach it. Your ideas will be fun. Please share. Also I need a can of shark repellant for a Prop to go with it. Thanks gang.
my wife is my Batgirl
Aussie Batfan

Re: Help on how to tie a Plush stuffed Shark to my leg.

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Sorry I can't provide any suggestions on your dilemma, but, boy, did that Topic title get my attention!! :shock:
Take care,
Terry
Waterratt

Post by Waterratt »

Allen, you did not say how big the shark is or where you are attaching it, but if it's around your thigh or calf, you could try to make an elastic garter to wear under the tight leggings with magnets sewn into the garter and the mouth of the shark. This would allow you to remove the shark when it gets annoying or cumbersome. I would play with different magnets, but I find that earth magnets have incredible strength.

The other thing I can think of, but might be a lot more work, is make a clip that can be sewn into the shark's mouth that can be pinched at one end to open the mouth and clasp around your leg, similar to those character clips people used to clip to car mirrors many years ago.

I hope this helps you.
QuickBat Allan

Post by QuickBat Allan »

nice suggestions.... The stuffed shark is 26 inches long. with a small bite, but will be wide enough to clamp on leg. I will either put it on thigh above knee cap or just below knee cap. I want it to hang but not fall off if magnets are used.
my wife is my Batgirl
DrSparkey

Post by DrSparkey »

*Great idea...by the way....

If the shark wasn't too expensive I would cut a some small pin holes in it and use some gray zip ties. Run one just under the knee and below the sharks jaw then another lower on your leg and the sharks belly.

...Now....
if it's large enough (ya think) to fit your leg into the sharks mouth I would carefully gut the shark and stitch in a liner like a stocking or something that would allow you slide your leg into it. Then have you foot come out the back end of the shark....you could cut a hole into it's belly that would allow you to add some extra stuffing in order to fill the shark back up after you added the leg slip, then stitch it back up. This way you could use the shark over and over again...

Just some ideas....but would love to see pics no matter what !!

Good luck ...
-Trey :D