I'm new and I'm on a mission: Total Dehydrator!

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
funky Jedi

I'm new and I'm on a mission: Total Dehydrator!

Post by funky Jedi »

Hello, friends! I've just discovered this forum and about lost my mind! (before I continue, my apologies if my introduction is not appropriate in the crafts forum. Mods, please feel free to move it if need be)
My name is Armando and I've been building and collecting props for almost 20 years. The RPF (replica props forum) is my on-line home and I really had no interest in joining another forum...until now!
Obviously by my title I have wanted to to add one of my holy grails to my collection for the better part of 20 years but never knew where to start. I got as far as finding the correct Electrolux ***Censored:what are you thinking*** vaccuum and gutting it. I think I can scratch build many of the pieces but I keep running into brick walls, so the project sat unfinished in my garage for five years. Then I found what appears to be an archive to your original forum where a building genius named "Troy" built a spot on version!
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
I tried to do a search on THIS forum but came up empty.
I am so desperate to finally finish my dream Batman prop that I'm willing to pay for any information that can provide any sort of "grocery list" to build it. Or if this gentleman Troy is here and still active could help I would make it worth his while.
I hope I'm not breaching protocol by pleaing my case but I so despeately want to build this and add it to my cowl, Sheakspear bust and Batphone. Any help would GREATlY be appreciated if you see it fit to throw the new guy a bone.
Thanks in advance!
Chuck Williams

Re: I'm new and I'm on a mission: Total Dehydrator!

Post by Chuck Williams »

Troy is here and I'm happy to say he's also a great guy.

I'm sure he'll help any way he can.

Good luck on your quest!!! :)

Chuck...
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
funky Jedi

Post by funky Jedi »

Thanks, Chuck. Maybe he'll see my post.
I also had a chuckle while re-reading my post it sensored the 3 x's that followed "Electrolux"!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Here's the links to the archived threads
Original research
http://www.66batman.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Y ... 1292969214

Finished product with pictures
http://www.66batman.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Y ... 1313797882
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Hi and welcome, we're glad to have you here! After another few posts you should able to access the Private Messaging function, perhaps you could drop Troy a line that way.

As for the censorship you ran into, much like the show we all love and has brought us here, we try and keep the tone of our board completely family friendly due to the huge age range of fans our show and board attracts.

Best of luck with your mission!
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Isn't there an override option on the censorship bot? Funky Jedi's use of triple-x in this instance is not only entirely innocent, it's a matter of accuracy.

It took some reverse-engineering to figure out what was going on -- i.e., what FJ actually typed, and what the censor-bot redacted -- but it was a reference to the specific model designation used by Electrolux for the vacuum cleaner the Fox prop department modified to create the Total Dehydrator. Censoring this implies FJ was being naughty (he wasn't), and also makes it unnecessarily hard for board members to find the helpful, factual information he was trying to share.

I'm all for keeping the board family friendly, and I understand the need for auto filters to catch spambots and other undesirables, as admins can't be on patrol 24/7. But isn't this a case where a human can make a judgment call and undo the auto-filter's mistake?

Cheers,

QQ
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Quillpen Quirch wrote:Isn't there an override option on the censorship bot? Funky Jedi's use of triple-x in this instance is not only entirely innocent, it's a matter of accuracy.

It took some reverse-engineering to figure out what was going on -- i.e., what FJ actually typed, and what the censor-bot redacted -- but it was a reference to the specific model designation used by Electrolux for the vacuum cleaner the Fox prop department modified to create the Total Dehydrator. Censoring this implies FJ was being naughty (he wasn't), and also makes it unnecessarily hard for board members to find the helpful, factual information he was trying to share.

I'm all for keeping the board family friendly, and I understand the need for auto filters to catch spambots and other undesirables, as admins can't be on patrol 24/7. But isn't this a case where a human can make a judgment call and undo the auto-filter's mistake?

Cheers,

QQ
No, there's no override but we're going WAYYYY Off Topic of the original poster's thread. Let's move forward. No harm no foul.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Hey Scott,

There were a number of picture you posted in the original research thread, but these were deleted when the old board was archived. Would it be possible for you to repost these as reference materials.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
funky Jedi

Post by funky Jedi »

Ah, this I may be able to help with!
http://www.66batman.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Y ... 13797882/0

BYW, thank you gentlemen for such a warm welcome!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Just saw this...

Yep, that's my Dehydrator. Feel free to drop me a line. I'd be happy to answer any questions!

-Troy
funky Jedi

Post by funky Jedi »

Well, rats! I'm still too new to send private messages. But Troy if you could e-mail me (unless it's against the rules) I would be so ever greatful! funkyxjedi@gmail.com
funky Jedi

Post by funky Jedi »

A couple of years have gone by and short of painting my Electrolux I haven't come close to making the other pieces. Troy told me a while back that he would send me a parts list, but sadly nothing has come through. This is my Batman '66 holy grail, and I'm willing to spend the money to finish it. If anyone has any intell on any pieces that can be be bought to finish my dehydrator I would forever be in your debt!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

I assume you want one to turn onto our current day politicians?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
funky Jedi

Post by funky Jedi »

Am I that transparent? :lol:
hobbybuilder01

Post by hobbybuilder01 »

Yep Found the Electrosux at my local Flea market and Sold it to Troy for found price after offering it on here, This was the basis of the build.