Incredible Siren doll

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
High C

Incredible Siren doll

Post by High C »

I put this here rather than merchandise because it apparently isn't for sale. It appears to have been commissioned by someone. But anyway, here it is. Click on the pic to make it larger:

http://monicakstardolls.blogspot.com/20 ... -1960.html

I was blown away. The details aren't all exactly correct, such as the hair, but the overall quality is incredible, IMO. What an outstanding likeness of Joan Collins as Siren.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
dell

Re: Incredible Siren doll

Post by dell »

That is impressive!
dell
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent.
Meule

Post by Meule »

Wow, that looks amazing
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
dell

Post by dell »

I took a look at some of the other dolls and Siren is one of the best if not the best. NCIS Abby Sciuto is pretty good. A lot of the others I don't even know who they are supposed to be so I can't say if they are good or bad.
dell
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I know Angela Cartwright and Marta Kristen ( Penny and Judy Robinson) and frankly, the dolls look nothing at all like the actresses did at the age the dolls are supposed to represent. On the other hand, Her "Linda Carter as Wonder Woman" looks dog-gone like Linda did when She portrayed Wonder Woman. It's kind of "Pay Your monies, You take Your Chances."
Larry
simm

Post by simm »

Inner Circle Toys makes the most accurate Siren and the Joan Collins likeness is uncanny.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Interesting figure. Odd how the eyes come close to Joan's at a certain angle.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

After seeing this, I found some other posts out there that used a 9" Playmates' Edith Keeler figure to create an 8" custom of Siren. I assumed her head would be too big, but I slightly extended a "Big Bang Theory" female torso and she works!

Robin, Riddler, Siren, Gordon by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)