Batgirl Artwork

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Waterratt

Batgirl Artwork

Post by Waterratt »

Finished up this Yvonne Craig Batgirl. It's pen & ink on Bristol board. I tried to replicate the shimmer of the costume using just dots of ink. I had a hard time trying to get the face to look like Yvonne, but I love the way the whole picture came out. I hope you enjoy it.

elmrgraham

Re: Batgirl Artwork

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent Picture.
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

Looks great! Nice work.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Really nice. Well done!
dell

Post by dell »

I like it! Two things I could never do well were drawing and rendering people in any medium. I'm pretty good with a brush as long as I stick to landscapes.

I took an art class in college and the final two classes had models - nudes. Those were the last people I ever drew - and the world is a better place for that. I'll leave drawing people to someone like you who can do it well.
dell
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I like how you replicated the shimmer with the dots. Very well done!
dell

Post by dell »

Gleeps, it's Batman wrote:I like how you replicated the shimmer with the dots. Very well done!
Shimmer, it's not just a dessert topping, it's a floor wax too. (from the early days of Saturday Night Live)
dell
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

This looks great, Matt!