Bat Megaphone

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rickrickrick

Bat Megaphone

Post by rickrickrick »

Here's a quick one I dashed off just for fun. I know it's not super accurate, but since reference material is nearly non-existant, I decided close enough was okay. I've never actually seen anyone else do this.

Here's my Bat Megaphone/Bullhorn. First pic is the facing for the horn. I really like the design of the artwork! See how it's a very stylized full body bat? The second pic is the whole thing stuck together.
batmegaphone1.JPG
batmegaphone1.JPG (49.69 KiB) Viewed 15423 times
batmegaphone2.JPG
batmegaphone2.JPG (57.65 KiB) Viewed 15423 times
Cheap, fast, and very popular with my 6 year old daughter for yelling at me!

Cheers!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: Bat Megaphone

Post by Scott Sebring »

Cool!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

WELL DONE!!!

Frankly, your design is better in my opinion!
Kudos!!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Thanks for the kind remarks.

The alterations to the design of the front were primarily done out of necessity - the styrene sheet I cut my facing from was too thin to support the thin lines of the original without warping. The thicker lines actually make the silhouette of the bat more obvious, which I do like.
originalbullhorn.jpg
originalbullhorn.jpg (23.22 KiB) Viewed 15394 times
RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Meule

Post by Meule »

That looks awesome, great job sir
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Pat The Batman Fan

Post by Pat The Batman Fan »

That's great work... Is it a vintage megaphone? I could never find the make/model of the original.
And why doesn't Batman dance anymore? Remember the Batusi?
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

It is not a vintage megaphone. I spent a considerable amount of time ( too much!) searching for one, but never came up with a black one the right dimensions. And I was determined NOT to have to paint the whole thing! :lol:

Mine is totally not screen accurate - it was just for fun. One alteration I would definitely like to make is adding a ring at the bottom of the horn part and looping the strap to it, as on the original.

Another change I am considering making - but probably won't until after I get the blu-ray in my grubby little mitts, if it's warranted - is adding a yellow outline to the front facing. It SEEMS like there's an outline on the PR pic of Burt Ward with it, and in the Bookworm episode in which Adam West uses it, but I really don't see the outline on the PR shots of Adam with it, nor in any other episode of the show I've seen. So, I'll wait 'til I can get a better look at it in hi def to make that decision.

Unless one of you other batty folk on the board can confirm the existence of that outline!

RRR
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Nice job, Rick!

Here's a better pic for anyone else looking to do this particular project:
Bathorn.jpg
Bathorn.jpg (10.93 KiB) Viewed 15210 times
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Jeez, where was that picture when I was making mine??

Thanks, Mark!

RRR
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Best photo I've ever seen of it. Thanks Mark!!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Mark, is that an auction pic? Is there a higher resolution version available?

Well, I see I have some fairly significant changes to make to mine to be more accurate. Back to the bat cave!

RRR
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

I don't remember the source (people send me photos all the time). As it turns out, that's the (only and) highest res version that I have. I'm glad it's helpful.
Pat The Batman Fan

Post by Pat The Batman Fan »

Ha ha Rick, I did the same thing at one point- spent hours looking for a matching megaphone!

Thanks for the picture Mark, that's very helpful.
And why doesn't Batman dance anymore? Remember the Batusi?