Custom 6 Inch Batman 66 Figures

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
BatDavidEvanSmith

Re: Custom 6 Inch Batman 66 Figures

Post by BatDavidEvanSmith »

Awesome work!

I want all those characters.

For Surfing Joker, are they just going to release him into existing cases of figures, or will he be part of a new wave of characters? That's the one thing I'm stuck on. I really hope the toy company doesn't miss the opportunity to produce more villain characters on a show that was so dependent on the villain of the week.

I'd still want:
King Tut
Egghead
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze
Eartha Kitt Catwoman

That's my minimum!
"When we get to the royal oil boiling room, be sure to prepare some real boiling royal boiling oil to boil the boy wonder in... royally."
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

I completed Mad Hatter, almost done with Alfred, & made some scuplting adjustments to Egghead & Eli Wallach Mr. Freeze. I will try to post some new pictures tonight!
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

Here are all of the Custom 6 Inch Figures I have made to date. I am working on more but this is what I have completed as of now. Let me know what you all think! Hope you like them!
Eli Wallach Mr. Freeze
Eli Wallach Mr. Freeze
Alfred Pennyworth
Alfred Pennyworth
Egghead
Egghead
John Astin Riddler
John Astin Riddler
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter
Contaminated Cowl Batman
Contaminated Cowl Batman
Contaminated Cowl Batman.jpg (76.63 KiB) Viewed 8082 times
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Love em!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

So, how did you make them? The head sculpts are spot on! Did you use sculpy or ??? Can you detail the process?

John
Music. BAT! Music.
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

AndyFish wrote:Love em!
Thanks!
Batguitarist wrote:So, how did you make them? The head sculpts are spot on! Did you use sculpy or ??? Can you detail the process?

John
I find a base figure & then sculpt them to look like the character using milliput.
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

BatDavidEvanSmith wrote:Awesome work! I want all those characters.
I'd still want:
King Tut
Egghead
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze
Eartha Kitt Catwoman
I am making eartha kitt catwoman next. Then I am making an alternate Otto Preminger head for the Mr freeze figure I already made, since they essentially had the same costume, instead of making a whole new figure I decided it would be easier just to make the heads interchangeable with the same body.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Alfred is outstanding! Well done.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

weirdkorey wrote:
AndyFish wrote:Love em!
Thanks!
Batguitarist wrote:So, how did you make them? The head sculpts are spot on! Did you use sculpy or ??? Can you detail the process?

John
I find a base figure & then sculpt them to look like the character using milliput.
Thanks for the reply! Milliput...I had to look that up. Seems to be a British product but is available here in the U.S. at stores such as Hobby Lobby, Michael's and the like. I thought you used Sculpy or Super Sculpy, but after going to the Milliput website I can see why you use it instead. No baking required. Again, you're very talented! I have tried to sculpt a few times and don't seem to have the knack. :(

John
Music. BAT! Music.
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

Batguitarist wrote: Thanks for the reply! Milliput...I had to look that up. Seems to be a British product but is available here in the U.S. at stores such as Hobby Lobby, Michael's and the like. I thought you used Sculpy or Super Sculpy, but after going to the Milliput website I can see why you use it instead. No baking required. Again, you're very talented! I have tried to sculpt a few times and don't seem to have the knack. :(

John
I'm glad you like them! As far as sculpting goes I have been sculpting less than a year. It does take some time to get the hang of it. If you try sculpting again I suggest watching youtube videos about sculpting with milliput. There are several very good videos that I learned a lot from watching. It just takes some patience & persistance. I have finally gotten to the point where I feel pretty comfortable doing it & I can sculpt fairly quickly now.
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

TP-6597 wrote:Alfred is outstanding! Well done.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like my work!
jag007

Post by jag007 »

Hello to all,
I'm new here and I have to say for only sculpting less then a year - your work is fantastic!!!
In fact you've inspired me to give this "kit-bash" idea a try. Now I know I'll never end up with anything even near this Cool. But I've got to try and I'm hoping you'll be open to helping out with advice/guidance etc???

I read where you indicated some of the base models you started with and I've sourced some of them.
The Marvel legends Professor X for instance -- But after looking over these figures with your pic's and others from ebay. I might have got the wrong one?? Being new to all this, I'm sure to make mistakes, but it seems there is a difference between some the figures - meaning some have articulate fingers and some do not. Also I'm trying to find the "right" Magneto figure - could you please let me know which specific model it was???

Thank you up front for your time and reply!
Merry Christmas,
Jack
AKA,,, The Jack Attack - LOL
Deane

Post by Deane »

Hello!

A link to my blog about my Eartha Kitt Catwoman figure:

http://atomicwanderers.com/tag/eartha-kitt/
Batmanfan71

Post by Batmanfan71 »