Bat cave Atomic Pile

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
burkestudio

Re: Bat cave Atomic Pile

Post by burkestudio »

STP Swallowthispill wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:20 pm Well Guys to keep you in touch with my progress.
I have been to the last Speech Therapist which was only three times.
The heart Monitor has been sent back after 30 days of wearing it.
I have been back to work for 3 weeks and am doing good.
Also my son bought me Batman the Blue ray set for Christmas!
Wasn't that a nice thing to do!

Charles
Fantastic news Charles!!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

That's GREAT news my friend.
STP Swallowthispill

Post by STP Swallowthispill »

Well I am back from the doctors and he too said I did not need to see him for a year. :D
Now I think I will start back on the build if I can make myself. Still a lot of problems I have not sorted out but I hope to do so soon!

Charles
STP Swallowthispill

Well guys I feel fine and am in the mood to mod but I am stuck on the center panel buttons for the AP.
I am not sure how to make this and it really has me stuck. So when I get to the point that I can figure out how to make this item the build can't continue so if anyone has a suggestion I am all ears!

Glad to be back almost 100%

Charles
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Hey Charles,

Glad to hear you're doing good!

Regarding your "dilemma", I'm assuming you're talking about the buttons-gauges-switches?
I was thinking (if the scale was correct), maybe you could do a bit of kit bashing.
I've seen Submarine plastic model kits with cut-a-ways. So they have interior details that might have what you need. Or maybe some other form of a model kit that would have what you're looking for?
Just a thought.

-Jeremy
STP Swallowthispill

Hey Charles,

Glad to hear you're doing good!

Regarding your "dilemma", I'm assuming you're talking about the buttons-gauges-switches?
I was thinking (if the scale was correct), maybe you could do a bit of kit bashing.
I've seen Submarine plastic model kits with cut-a-ways. So they have interior details that might have what you need. Or maybe some other form of a model kit that would have what you're looking for?
Just a thought.

-Jeremy

Good point Jeremy but finding the correct items might be difficult and expensive that is why I have not tried.
I wonder where professional modelers buy items such as the steam pipes I have been looking all over the place for those.

Charles
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

I know a lot of car-model builders that have amassed a huge collection of car models over the years.
So they end up having a huge resource of parts at their disposal.

Out of curiosity, what diameter of pipe do you need?

-Jeremy
STP Swallowthispill

Guys:

Just to ley you know where I am I have been focusing a lot on my health getting my weight down which was mandatory. I have not been able to get back in the groove since the stroke but I hope that will change after I get my health where it need's to be. The doctors think I am doing fine and I will continue to do fine I have lost a lot of weight from 328lbs down to 276lbs and I still have a lot more to go to get to my goal.
All is well and I have not forgot about you guys I just need to do this first.

Charles
STP Swallowthispill

Guys:

Just to let you know I am still here it has been a year and 1 month since the stroke!
And I am feeling fine :D
I am stuck on the panels that go into the lower half of the Atomic pile and unless someone can make them I will continue to be stuck.
I have my son trying to learn 123D Design any help on these would be appreciate this is not soliciting I am merely needing to know how to make these panels.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

Charles
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

It's great to hear from you, Charles! Congrats on the successful recovery from your stroke. I hope you have a healthy, safe, and blessed 2018, good sir.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

It’s great to hear from you Charles. I think we all have been wondering how you are doing. It’s great to hear you are getting better. One step at a time my friend. You will figure out how to solve your dilema, and it will look as stunning as the rest of the project..I know it!
STP Swallowthispill

Guys:

Thanks for thinking of me it means allot. :D

Charles
STP Swallowthispill

Hi everyone I just wanted to let you know I am still alive I have not done any posting as I can not make myself do anything creative. I mean I sit in front of the build and nothing comes to mind I think I lost the creative urges after the stroke. I will keep trying but it so far is not working.

I hope everyone out there does not have to go through a stroke it was not a bad one but part of me just won't come back it is sad.

Charles
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

More than understood. Hang in there.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Hi Charles,
Good to have you back. Have you thought about adding some of the iconic comic book images, namely the giant penny, the T-rec and the Oversized Joker card. Maybe the staircase Alfred uses. A real working turntable? A lighting kit?

Just some thoughts to get your creative juices moving. I’ve been curious of what faces this batcave. For example, if you stood on the scaffolding around the atomic pile, and looked beyond the Batmobile, should you see earlier iterations of the Batmobiles or the memorabilia mentioned above. That might be worth discussing and re-imagining.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!