Completed Moebius models

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Boy Wonder

Re: Completed Moebius models

Post by Boy Wonder »

Batguitarist wrote:
Well, I must say you did a great job! I notice you don't have any seams showing on the legs. I assume you used model putty? Which brand?

John
I used Testors putty and a fingernail file.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

The old website has a great thread on building and painting an Aurora version. There's a key to the color of the uniform, and a spray of dullcoat to mute the cape. I'll see if I can dig it up, but I know I made a comment as well as Kevin White - but I don't recall his user name here.

Brilliant job - I just saw the Catwoman statue at the local comic shop last week. I'll have to sneak that one into the house...

Lou
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Boy Wonder wrote:
Batguitarist wrote:
Well, I must say you did a great job! I notice you don't have any seams showing on the legs. I assume you used model putty? Which brand?

John
I used Testors putty and a fingernail file.
Thanks for the reply. Testor's putty huh? Either they changed their formula and made it easier to use or you my friend have the patience of a saint!

John
Music. BAT! Music.
JMS415

Post by JMS415 »

These look amazing! I have two questions.

1) What type of skill level are these? Can someone just starting building/painting models be able to do these or will they be a little out of league?

2) When does Robin come out? I may have missed it online.
Robin: Atomic batteries to power. Turbines to speed.

Batman: Roger. Ready to move out.
danbar

Post by danbar »

The models are not difficult at all in my opinion. In fact, I found them quite fun. The painting depends on how detailed you want to be. Painting the faces was the most difficult. The details are quite small. But the sculpts are great and I found that the pieces all fit together very easily.

Robin is listed as due out "2nd quarter 2015" according to Big Bad Toy Store and "June 2015" according to Entertainment Earth.

Hope you get a chance to do these kits and enjoy them as much as I did. Be sure to post your results!
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

That really pops! Turned out swell, Boy Wonder!
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

Mike; great job on both Batman and the Catwoman. I am a HUGE fan of these kits and the extra steps Moebius took to REALLY capture not only the likenesses of the actors but a REALISTIC look of a likeness BEHIND a mask (particularly in the case of Batman). Robin WAS scheduled to be released 2nd quarter, but Frank (Winspur, owner/CEO of Moebius) told me that has been pushed back until the fall. On a VERY positive note, the sculptures for the Riddler and Penguin have both been completed AND approved by Warner, so all three SHOULD be in stores before Christmas! I have seen pictures of the Riddler, and w/o a doubt it is the BEST sculpt of Gorshin done so far! BTW, the kit will include TWO different headsculpts and two different right arms (one wielding the question mark cane carried by John Astin in his appearance as the Prince of Puzzlers), MUCH to look forward to from Moebius! :D
Tom
Habu12

Post by Habu12 »

Hello everyone! First post on here, but not a board n00b, nor a new modeler. I've been bulding for over 36 years now. And in that time, we've never been graced with a good, accurate, readily available and affordable line of characters. Until now. I'm glad Moebius answered the call!
So here's my rendition. Enjoy!
RetroBat

Post by RetroBat »

Denbar and Boy Wonder, you have a way with models! :D
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Great job to you all you guys!!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

These all look great! I would think about getting one but I already have my prized Hot Toys Adam West Batman. Maybe the Catwoman one though!
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

Great job. Well done!
danbar

Post by danbar »

Finished Robin and Penguin recently. I think that the Penguin is the most impressive model they have done so far (and the most tricky). I wish my photos did them justice, but here is my effort so far.
Attachments
Pengy1.jpg
Pengy1.jpg (13.26 KiB) Viewed 6956 times
Pengy2.jpg
Pengy2.jpg (16.61 KiB) Viewed 6956 times
Robin1.jpg
Robin2.jpg
Moebius.jpg
Moebius.jpg (39.13 KiB) Viewed 6956 times
danbar

Post by danbar »

Finally finished my Joker model. Does anyone have any inside information on the release of the 1/8 Batgirl model to complete this collection? A couple weeks ago I emailed the company that purchased Moebius, but I have not received a reply.
Attachments
Joker Moebius.jpg
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

danbar wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:50 am Does anyone have any inside information on the release of the 1/8 Batgirl model to complete this collection? A couple weeks ago I emailed the company that purchased Moebius, but I have not received a reply.
I saw a pic of someone's work on the Batgirl kit, just now, on Facebook. Was she just released?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)