Completed Moebius models

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
danbar

Completed Moebius models

Post by danbar »

Finished my Batman Moebius model today, so I thought I would post some pics. Anyone else finish theirs yet? Might be fun to see the pics posted here as members finish. Painting was a lot of work, but fun. I'm ready for Catwoman!
Attachments
batmm5a.jpg
batmm2a.jpg
batmm1a.jpg
Lou Szabo

Re: Completed Moebius models

Post by Lou Szabo »

Brilliant
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
scottmandew

Post by scottmandew »

Looks great! My wife and son are away until Thursday, so Saturday I went and bought glue and all the paint colors I'd need to build my model, but I haven't made the time to even start on it yet. Maybe tonight...
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

Great job!
QuickBat Allan

Post by QuickBat Allan »

wow
my wife is my Batgirl
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

Look great
My knee replacement surgery has idled me at the moment
But great job
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Just curious...do the instructions say what colors to paint everything, and if so, did you go with their suggestions?

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Todd Grimes

Post by Todd Grimes »

Wow, awesome job - he looks great! And yeah, I'd be curious to know as well - what type of model paint and what colors? Great stuff!
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

Here's Mine, it was a fun kit to build.

danbar

Post by danbar »

Looks great Boy Wonder!

John & Todd: Yes, the instructions do suggest colors, but it is pretty basic. "light grey for bodysuit", "yellow for belt". I used the blu ray and other photo reference material, as well as some of the costume pieces that Chuck and Lynne have made for me as a guide when mixing my colors. I ended up using acrylic paints since I am more comfortable with those. They work fine as long as you protect with clearcote. The most trouble I had was getting yellow paint to cover the blue-grey model. If I had to do it again, I might try enamel paint for the yellow.
It doesn't come across great in my pictures, but I was very happy with the paint on my cowl, cape, gloves. The model instructions suggest coating those areas with a satin finish after painting to give a satin fabric look. But I mixed shades of blue paint with some silver metallic paint with great results. In person, the cape looks very satiny!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks for the tips. I am terrible at building and painting model kits. My biggest problem though is using putty to hide the seams. This kit however looks like I don't have to use any. Where Batman's arms attach to his torso looks fine with the seams.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

So no putty? or did you?

John
Music. BAT! Music.
danbar

Post by danbar »

No putty. In some instances, the seems are located where the seems would be on the original costumes, so they seem appropriate. I wasn't really worried about hiding other seems. Its a model, and I am OK with it looking like a model. This model is so well made and so precise, that seems are not very noticeable anyway. That being said, I might do some light sanding on the next one where 2 halves of an arm or a leg come together. Good luck with yours!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks Danbar. Sorry for the delayed reponse. This kit is something and you did a great job on it.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Boy Wonder wrote:Here's Mine, it was a fun kit to build.

Well, I must say you did a great job! I notice you don't have any seams showing on the legs. I assume you used model putty? Which brand?

John
Music. BAT! Music.