Completed Moebius models

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Larry A.

Re: Completed Moebius models

Post by Larry A. »

Perhaps if we wait long enough, someone will make an aftermarket head for Cesar. The other thing that might help...notice I say "Might help" is to widen the face with putty and after painting the white face, mix up a bit if a grey and stipple brush it to duplicate Cesar's mustaches. Just a suggestion!
Larry
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

BAT 77 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:43 pm Regarding the sculpts, I believe it all has to do with likeness rights, and I'm guessing that the Estate of Cesar Romero refused to grant permission to use his likeness on the toys, comics, and animated movies.
I think a few of the figures have been good Romero likenesses, especially the ones that add his moustache. He was not on the list of "No Likeness Rights Available".

The Joker definitely didn't have to be altered, as Neil Hamilton's face always is. (Alan Napier's Estate signed a licence halfway through the run of the official '66 comics, and that's when his Alfred and Egbert figures popped up for FTC.)
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Therin of Andor wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:58 am
BAT 77 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:43 pm Regarding the sculpts, I believe it all has to do with likeness rights, and I'm guessing that the Estate of Cesar Romero refused to grant permission to use his likeness on the toys, comics, and animated movies.
I think a few of the figures have been good Romero likenesses, especially the ones that add his moustache. He was not on the list of "No Likeness Rights Available".

The Joker definitely didn't have to be altered, as Neil Hamilton's face always is. (Alan Napier's Estate signed a licence halfway through the run of the official '66 comics, and that's when his Alfred and Egbert figures popped up for FTC.)
Not to be pedantic, (who am I kidding? This is me… haha) but it’s important to remember that there are actually three different Batman ‘66 licenses, one for merch, one for the comics and one for animation. The likenesses are not mutually exclusive across all three, which can get super confusing.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Ben Bentley wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:34 pm
Therin of Andor wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:58 am

Not to be pedantic, (who am I kidding? This is me… haha) but it’s important to remember that there are actually three different Batman ‘66 licenses, one for merch, one for the comics and one for animation. The likenesses are not mutually exclusive across all three, which can get super confusing.
Too true, Ben, Too true!!!!
Larry