Batgirl Cycle Reborn

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
BatgirlSpanners

Re: Batgirl Cycle Reborn

Post by BatgirlSpanners »

Ben your not the only one :lol: and the board is cut in half

I have spent over a year figuring out the fairing and it's set up as it's a free floating one and finding the right bike she used as there is a few red herrings out there about the bike she used

I hope to get it looking good and riding as I will be heading onto the BSG Land Probe

I suppose I will have to show it or get a photo shoot on it :oops:
dell

Post by dell »

Ben Bentley wrote: Excited to see the next stage in this project! I don't envy you taking on that fairing.
I'm with Ben; it looks difficult to me. I'm really curious how you plan on making it.
dell
BatgirlSpanners

Well Dell, Ben

I am treating it like a big model kit on the fairing and using blue styrofoam and make a front fairing and tail fairing and I can tape string to it for the lines and mark it and start sanding

Front Mudguard cardboard so I can cut for both side and fibreglass’s it and then do same on the fairing.

Then I am going to use my motorbike skills for figuring out the frame for the front and a new set up for the rear that yvonne had issues with, so a friend is going to use old tubing to weld up and we are making points where it will be bolted to and I have a drapers near to me for lace & velcro

And then strip the bike down and restore it and get new bars, covers, plus new footpeg set up and a repainted black frame and it's new left muffler as the other is trash and I will be fitting new yamaha tank badges as you have to remember they had to keep all. As the bike was on hire from a dealer
dell

Post by dell »

Sounds like a good plan BatgirlSpanners. Have you found any photos showing the inside of the front fairing? I can't recall it ever being shown.
dell
BatgirlSpanners

Only one dell and not the best or close ups just have to think like a prop builder
Attachments
10423655_10203997001418602_2959637868589248217_n.jpg
10423655_10203997001418602_2959637868589248217_n.jpg (35.24 KiB) Viewed 9095 times
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BatgirlSpanners wrote:Well Dell, Ben

I am treating it like a big model kit on the fairing and using blue styrofoam and make a front fairing and tail fairing and I can tape string to it for the lines and mark it and start sanding

Front Mudguard cardboard so I can cut for both side and fibreglass’s it and then do same on the fairing.

Then I am going to use my motorbike skills for figuring out the frame for the front and a new set up for the rear that yvonne had issues with, so a friend is going to use old tubing to weld up and we are making points where it will be bolted to and I have a drapers near to me for lace & velcro

And then strip the bike down and restore it and get new bars, covers, plus new footpeg set up and a repainted black frame and it's new left muffler as the other is trash and I will be fitting new yamaha tank badges as you have to remember they had to keep all. As the bike was on hire from a dealer
You sound like a Lady with a plan! Best of luck!
BatgirlSpanners

Thanks I have my work cut out but I hope looks good at the end then a few good pic's just need some uk batman 66 fans with it lol
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BatgirlSpanners wrote:Thanks I have my work cut out but I hope looks good at the end then a few good pic's just need some uk batman 66 fans with it lol
Well not only am I a UK Batfan, i'm also a photographer by trade! I'd love to see the bike and take some photos of your creation for you!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Oh this just looks too good! You have a lot of work ahead of you. It sounds like you have a GREAT passion for the Batgirl cycle and cycles in general. This will be a labor of love for sure! You have to keep us updated on the project I am sure it will turn out FANTASTIC!
Darknite69

Post by Darknite69 »

Very good start so far. But I'd like to see someone make a copy of Batgirls cycle from the pilot. I prefer that one to the one she ended up using in the series.
BatgirlSpanners

Thanks guys and yes I have a passion for cycles and Batgirl was my hero and to ride.

Darknite I might build the prototype if I can find enough pictures of it

Ben it would be a Honour for you to take them
Bat65

Post by Bat65 »

Just curious.. I found this while looking for photos of the batgirl cycle, and remembered it being started. What ever became of it?
Serving Gotham since 1939