1/6 Scale display props

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Krimzon

1/6 Scale display props

Post by Krimzon »

I bought an 18D/18W/24H display case for my Hot Toys Batman and Robin, I lined the back and sides of the case with the foam rock background so it looks like the bat cave (awesome looking) but I need to find some 1/6 batcave props to place in the case with the figures and was wondering if anyone knew where I can find some props in the 1/6 scale like bat computer ECT.... I made a bat computer and placed some LEDs in it but it really doesn't look great and I really want the props to look as good as the figures if any one knows of anywhere to get these type of props I would appreciate the info... Thanks
burkestudio

Re: 1/6 Scale display props

Post by burkestudio »

Krimzon,

Can you post pictures of your display case? Sounds awesome!!

-Jeremy @ Burke Studio
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Krimzon

Post by Krimzon »

Here's a pic of it with the foam rock back ground and bat computer I made out of balsa wood. I have limited use of my hands so it took forever to make the bat computer (with some hesitant help from my wife) so it's not as nice as it could be but not too bad but would love to find a good bat computer to add to it.
Attachments
Bat display
Bat display
image.jpg (124.67 KiB) Viewed 6557 times
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

That looks pretty darn good to me!
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

That looks awesome! Great job and great display.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I think that Batcomputer looks great. Good job!
Krimzon

Post by Krimzon »

Thanks all, appreciate the kind words... This was my 2nd attempt at the bat computer the first one had LEDs in it but it was really bad. I'm going to be putting LEDs in this one and a small button that when pushed plays the batman theme song (have the sound chip from a ruined blue ray box set) should be pretty cool if I ever finish it. Diabetes neuropathy is taking its toll on my hands but as I always say " that which doesn't kill us, just makes us suffer"

if I ever finish the lights and sound I will post a clip of it. This board and classic batman has really given me something to do and has been a good mental distraction since the doctors put me out on disability. I really appreciate that fact that it exist and thank the creators and all of the great post.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Holy coolness! Great job you guys!

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Krimzon

Post by Krimzon »

Took a better pic (tried too anyway) except for the dust and lint on the glass and the funny looking knees the background foam from Petsmart really works well.
Attachments
Batpic
Batpic
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

"Limited use of your hands?" OMG! I have FULL use of my hands and I couldn't make something that nice! WOWZA!
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Agreed, great work!
Todd Grimes

Post by Todd Grimes »

I would LOVE to have a display like that! It looks great!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That looks great. I can't wait to see the Atomic Pile and the turntable for the Batmobile.

Did you perform any math on the overall size of the cave, including the escape.

Our friend, Jeremy, has some great drawings that you may be able to scale for the "up motion" on the batpoles. Perhaps you can also solve the dilemma of how Bruce drops down the right pole in the library, but exits the pole in the cave on the left so they don't bump into each other at the Batmobile.

Take your time too - half the fun is coming up with the clever ways to make this stuff. One relatively easy one should be the "clear map" - get the teacher barbie blackboard and insert a clear sheet of plastic sheeting after you've printed the Gotham Map on it. The hard part will be locating the a) map, b) a laser printer and c) the barbie blackboard. Well, maybe that blackboard frame wont work, but you get the idea.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

Looks Great!