Batmobile Slot Car

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Batman65

Batmobile Slot Car

Post by Batman65 »

I would love to share some pics of my recently completed 1/32 batmobile slot car. The car is made from a Polar Lights kit and is mounted on a slot it chassis. I installed operating LEDs in the car. I cut out the molded bat rays and installed orange file folder tab plastic inside the car, then installed Evan Designs amber LEDs for the "bat rays". I also affixed a small piece of black tubing to the underside rear and installed Evan Designs fire LEDs. The same for the flashing emergency light on top. The car took me about 2 months to complete in my spare time.

Atomic batteries to power....turbines to speed. Rodger, ready to move out!

burkestudio

Re: Batmobile Slot Car

Post by burkestudio »

Batman65 wrote:I would love to share some pics of my recently completed 1/32 batmobile slot car. The car is made from a Polar Lights kit and is mounted on a slot it chassis. I installed operating LEDs in the car. I cut out the molded bat rays and installed orange file folder tab plastic inside the car, then installed Evan Designs amber LEDs for the "bat rays". I also affixed a small piece of black tubing to the underside rear and installed Evan Designs fire LEDs. The same for the flashing emergency light on top. The car took me about 2 months to complete in my spare time.

Atomic batteries to power....turbines to speed. Rodger, ready to move out!

Batman65,

Did you find that the chassis that comes with the Polar Lights kit wasn't sufficient enough and therefore swapped out the chassis for a slot-it?

BTW: Your slot car looks great!!

-Jeremy @ Burke Studio
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree. It looks great.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Yea, the components that comes with it is sub par compared to the Slot it chassis. The body is the same but the wheels are very hard, almost wood like, not rubber and there is no interior and only 1/2 a Robin. This was a much better route. I will try and get pics of it all lit up. It's REALLY cool!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Batman65 wrote:Yea, the components that comes with it is sub par compared to the Slot it chassis. The body is the same but the wheels are very hard, almost wood like, not rubber and there is no interior and only 1/2 a Robin. This was a much better route. I will try and get pics of it all lit up. It's REALLY cool!
Really interested to see your cool slot car with lights on, or in motion!
Beneath Wayne Manor