My Batman Costume Details

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Gotham

My Batman Costume Details

Post by Gotham »

If you are making/trying to make/thinking about making your own Batman Costume...

I can take some close up shots of my costume components if it would help someone?
Let me know what you need closeups of, IE: There are a ton of images of the cowel from the front but how about the back, sides or inside or closeups of the seams or Leather Ears.
I'm new here and I'm trying to be as helpfull as possible.
The Boots are superb! HANDMADE in Italy, I even have the shoemakers bag!
My Utility Belt is Yellow Leather, the Buckle is Brass and the Bat emblem is etched on.
I can include size refrence with a tape measure if you want.
Please let me know and I will do anything short of shipping it to you :lol:
I do need to know what the Pixel limits are on this site for posting images, 640X480, 800X600 etc...
If you need extreme pixels over 1024 I'd probably need to send them from my email to yours.
You could even set up a hotmail email acct for one time use
Or if nothing else burn them on a CD to share Free of charge. But I dont know about copywrite issues,
Anybody have info there?
I am brand new here but want to help you obtain the joy of having your own authentic Costume.
Larry Beach
I may not agree with what you say at times, But I will fight for your right to say it!
hobbybuilder01

Re: Batman Costume Help.

Post by hobbybuilder01 »

Best bet for someone putting a suit together would be the Chuck Willams studio 2 patterns have documented patterns and info right off a screen used suit.
Gotham

Re: My Batman Costume Details

Post by Gotham »

I just found my Costume, it has been in the basement for 2 years, I have been dealing with
knee operations for 2 years. I will get pix for you as soon as I can.
I have had several requests especially for the hand made boots form Italy. they are super soft,
every aspect of my foot, and calf,shin was measured and these were made by a true Artist.
The fit like a glove, the only problem is MY dimentions have changed over the years since they were made.. Being off my feet for the best part of 1.5 years hasn't helped.
I may not agree with what you say at times, But I will fight for your right to say it!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: My Batman Costume Details

Post by Scott Sebring »

Gotham wrote:If you are making/trying to make/thinking about making your own Batman Costume...
There are a ton of images of the cowel from the front but how about the back, sides or inside or closeups of the seams or Leather Ears.
Nice gesture except for the fact that the ears were never leather.
Thanks for putting it out there Larry.

I do need to know what the Pixel limits are on this site for posting images, 640X480, 800X600 etc...
If you need extreme pixels over 1024 I'd probably need to send them from my email to yours.
BTW, the pic limitation has to do with file kb size rather than dimension. It may display smaller here but will blow up to full size if you click on it.