RedBull soap Box race

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Larry A.

Re: RedBull soap Box race

Post by Larry A. »

Say Dave,
Is that Kenney Bake and David Prowse in Your avatar? Other than being Grey haired ( and aren't most of us these days ?) they sure look tops!

Peace,
Larry
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

Y'all got ROBBED!!! I think the Penguin was in charge of the judges and was mad that you didn't let him push the car. Ya did great!!!!
I'm on Instagram as kustomjeff if you want to see more toy pics and some motorcycle stuff too. :-P
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Amen, Brother Kustom Jeff, Amen!!!
Larry
Dave from the UK

Post by Dave from the UK »

Stryker wrote:Say Dave,
Is that Kenney Bake and David Prowse in Your avatar? Other than being Grey haired ( and aren't most of us these days ?) they sure look tops!

Peace,
Yes it is them. Well spotted. It's hard to see but my little boy is dressed as Darth Vader too.
dell

Post by dell »

Redbull-Robin wrote:Image
Can you post photos of the rest of the team? You guys all looked great in the video!
dell
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

I pulled a few of these off of Instagram, unfortunately because we didn't get to take many pictures because we would have had nowhere to put our cameras...
https://instagram.com/p/7SyDfjmBhu/
https://instagram.com/p/7TUr68JlO7/
https://instagram.com/p/7S3cZaO6_G/
https://instagram.com/p/7TQAvCHmbk/
https://instagram.com/p/7S9RICJFU1/
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

Thanks for all the kind words everyone... Funny story but after our run we were doing an interview with some loca media, and they asked "the joker" what he was going to do to sabotage the race.... So completely deadpan he answers "I've already sabotaged it, the judges were my evil plan Hahahaha". We all had a good chuckle at that
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

This was all so well done! Bravo! Your concept, your execution, your presentation - everything was exceptional! Congratulations!

RRR

PS - Yep, judges were deservedly booed! :)
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

C'est Magnifique!!! ( Hope I got that right). Have You considered putting Bat Ears on Your race helmet? I realize that safety rules do not allow for the cowl and masks.
Please publish more pictures PLEASE???????
Cheers,
Larry
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

Stryker wrote:C'est Magnifique!!! ( Hope I got that right). Have You considered putting Bat Ears on Your race helmet? I realize that safety rules do not allow for the cowl and masks.
Please publish more pictures PLEASE???????
Cheers,
The French was spot on, I'll try to add some more pictures as I get them from friends that came to the event... I should have the video from our go pro that was on our hood soon as well. We wanted to put fibreglass ears on the race helmet, we just ran out of time. We actually only got the parachutes done the night before lol
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hey, at least You got the "Bat-chutes" on!!!! :D BTW, did You buy the chutes or sew them Yourself? What is the diameter of the 'chutes?
I'm glad I got the French right. I hate to mess up someone else's language. It is just so rude to do so and I know that folks up there are proud of their language....as they well should be :)
Even though the race is over, might I please suggest that You continue on and finish putting the ears on the crash helmet. I can see the Penguin in a crash helmet that has a top hat built onto it :lol: .

Peace and cheers,
Larry
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Truly amazing!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Robin,
I just had a thought vis a vis the Soapbox helmets: If You can do this again, might I suggest that Batman use theatrical makeup to fill in the mask area of the face. Ditto, Robin. That way You both would look like You are wearing masks w/o wearing them. Wipe Your faces off after the race, put the cowl and mask back on and You both are good to go for meeting and greeting fans.

Cheers,
Larry
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

Stryker wrote:Hey, at least You got the "Bat-chutes" on!!!! :D BTW, did You buy the chutes or sew them Yourself? What is the diameter of the 'chutes?
I'm glad I got the French right. I hate to mess up someone else's language. It is just so rude to do so and I know that folks up there are proud of their language....as they well should be :)
Even though the race is over, might I please suggest that You continue on and finish putting the ears on the crash helmet. I can see the Penguin in a crash helmet that has a top hat built onto it :lol: .

Peace and cheers,
We made the housing for the parachutes and bought two "training chutes" for sprinters. Let me tell you figuring out how to get them to open was not simple (and in fact only one opened when we pulled them) we were working on them until about 1:30 the night before lol. I think there is a good chance that we will modify the helmets, especially if we enter another race with it. Unfortunately, for safety reasons, they wouldn't allow us to have any type of mask/glasses etc on under the helmet. We thought about making the bat helmet like a cowl, but we weren't allowed to colour the visor at all... I mean doesn't redbull know that batman can't give away his true identity... Lol