RedBull soap Box race

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Redbull-Robin

RedBull soap Box race

Post by Redbull-Robin »

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, and wanted to say thank you to all the members on here. My father and law and I will be competing in the RedBull soapbox race in Montreal on September 6th, and we had decided to make a replica of the 1966 batmobile and dress up as batman and Robin. Thanks to this forum we were able to find information that was definitely helpful in finding our costumes (costumes are from Chuck Williams,and our boots were ordered from Duran shoes). I wanted to post a couple pictures of the start of our batmobile and ask for any opinions or suggestions. The pictures are a carved block of styrofoam that we will be using as a mold to make a fibreglass body.

Image.

We've already made the decision to switch the tires to 16" as we felt they looked too small for the batmobile. If anyone has some suggestions on anything that they think would make it look better please let us know
Chuck Williams

Re: RedBull soap Box race

Post by Chuck Williams »

Welcome aboard!!!!

The car looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!
WELL DONE!!!

You may want to pull her nose down towards the front a bit so it sits more between her "eyes".

This is going to be a huge hit!!!

Chuck...
Attachments
2005bat1rm.jpg
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Now that is one cool soap box racer. Coming from someone who used to race soap box cars, I agree with Chuck. This is going to be a HUGE hit. The nose needs to come to the front of the car some yet. It looks fantastic so far! You should think about putting some fire flashing leds and light up bat rays too. I cant wait to see the finished build!
Meule

Post by Meule »

I'm speechless, this is gonna look awesome when done
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

This is an absolutely fantastic looking project! I cannot wait to see how it turns out.
dell

Post by dell »

Awesome!
dell
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Wow. Can't wait to see the finished racer
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

This is an amazing project! Don't be surprised if you get people requesting pulls of the body mold from you so they can make their own! :)

If you can, I would recommend making the front grille openings a bit more narrow, like this:
narrower1.jpg
narrower1.jpg (181.01 KiB) Viewed 7559 times
Makes it a little more sleek, IMO. I think it would be a pretty easy change, as it only requires a bit of filling in.

Keep plugging - it's terrific!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
scottmandew

Post by scottmandew »

This is great! I can't wait to see it done! For years, I've thought about ways to make a 66 Batmobile around my son's wheelchair. I never would've thought about styrofoam, but that's a great idea. My artistic skills as far as sculpting the car out of a block, though, are lacking. But it's something for me to think about. Thanks for the idea!
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

This is just way too cool!! Have fun!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Randy

Post by Randy »

wow
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

Thanks for the comments everyone, if you could all take a minute to vote for us for the fan choice award, here is the link. http://www.redbullsoapboxrace.com/ca/en ... crusaders/

You can also follow our Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/redbullcapedcrusaders
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

Here is an updated picture of the front
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

That really is some amazing styrofoam work!! It looks GREAT so far!
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

A couple of updated pictures, We've done the fibreglass and sanded (and sanded, and sanded and sanded) Just about ready to start the paint.