RedBull soap Box race

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Batman65

Re: RedBull soap Box race

Post by Batman65 »

Those pics are GREAT! Looks like you had an absolute blast. I agree, I MUST have one of those!
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Simply fantastic work! Congratulations on an ambitious project well done!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Just a silly idea for Your Bat Mobile: wire up a reversible fan in the atomic exhaust section, add a bright orange white light in there and sound effects of the motor firing up and attached inside the ring aways is a set of orange mylar strands. You do the traditional "Atomic batteries to power" routine and when Batman says "Let's roll, Robin", Batman hits a switch, the light and sound comes on and the fan blows the 6-8' long mylar s trands out and Bing!!!!!!; fake atomic flame and no one gets hurt....except from laughing at the cuteness of it.....The kids should go nuts about the effect!!!!! Hope this helps!

Peace,
Larry
Larry
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

I love this!!!! So fun and joyful!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I'm trying to help Hedji. I think that its pretty cool too.

Cheers,
Larry
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

A couple minutes to go to race time. There is a livestteam @ http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nomadlive-tv
Meule

Post by Meule »

I'm watching right now, but haven't seen it from the start. Did the Dynamic Duo run the race yet?
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Meule

Post by Meule »

Found it on Youtube, they didn't win, but they did a great job, something to be proud of for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCzjBYAPJ_Y
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
dell

Post by dell »

The crowd was not happy with the scores from the judges. I agree; they deserved better than 7's.

I looked for the final results, but found nothing so far.

Batman and Robin drove the car and the Joker, Riddler and Catwoman pushed them at the start. I thought the whole team and the car looked great.

Well done guys!
dell
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Indeed, it was VERY well done!!!!
Larry
Redbull-Robin

Post by Redbull-Robin »

Thanks everyone, we ended up finishing 10th. We had a great time and seemed to be a huge hit with everyone there. They all boo'd the judges when they gave our scores... Lol
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Jaqui and I feel that the judges were so stuffy and jealous about the hit that You and Your crew made with the crowd, that to put it politely, You folks got the proverbial metal fastener.....the one with the spiraling ridges on the sides with the point!!!!!

Peace and Good Luck in the next race! :)
Larry and Jaqui
Larry
scottmandew

Post by scottmandew »

Just watched the YouTube clip... that was great! Kudos to everyone involved. The crowd really loved it, and the judges were wrong. You deserved 10's!
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

The judges were so wrong!! The Back To The Future car looked great as did the batmobile. The 7's were a disgrace for a score. What in the world were they thinking?? Fantastic job guys. Everyone looked great. I especially loved Joker, Riddler, and Catwoman pushing.
Dave from the UK

Post by Dave from the UK »

Your car is totally awesome. Such attention to detail. Not to mention your crash helmets and the rest of your team. The crowds reaction says it all. Well done.