Toy Photography with 66 Batman Figures.

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Therin of Andor

Re: Toy Photography with 66 Batman Figures.

Post by Therin of Andor »

My Hallmark vinyl Squeelys arrived! I was so tempted to customize Batgirl and her Batgirlcycle in ‘66 colours! The Batman is a 2016 convention exclusive to promote this wave of six DC character vehicles. (The regular Batman and Batmobile were comic book colours.)

Bat Squeelys by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Batgirl repaint Squeely by Ian McLean, on Flickr

So... I colour-changed Batgirl to TV series' colours! And I found a Robin, who is wondering why Batman takes up so much room in the Batmobile these days. By the way, the unpainted licence plate on the rear of the Batgirlcycle reads “BGORDON”.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Magnificent, Ian!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
Therin of Andor

Two-Face and his villainous co-stars from "Batman vs Two-Face":

My customized Two-Face in the comic shop by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor

My custom Lee Meriwether and Eartha Kitt Catwomen join the official Julie Newmar figure:

Funko Batman and Catwomen by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Believe it or not, that's a ReAction "Breaking Bad" Gus head for Eartha. It was leftover after making my William Shatner Two-Face!

Funko Three Mr Freezes by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Now there are three more! I customized a George Sanders Mr Freeze to accompany the two commercial Funko variations (Otto Preminger and Eli Wallach). The new head is from a ReAction Korben Dallas (from "The Fifth Element"), with hair colour-changed to grey. The transparent helmet - now painted silver - and movable faceplate came from a female space figure I found on eBay last year. I made the helmet match the "Batman '66" villain's look with some quickset putty and silver paint.
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor

I couldn't stand it not having screen-accurate eyebrows on this Catwoman. Used a "Very Fine" Manga marker.

Funko Catwoman brows by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Funko triple threat by Ian McLean, on Flickr

And - wow! - as I was typing, Wave 6 of the 8" figures just arrived!

Batman Wave 6 action figures by Ian McLean, on Flickr

At left is my custom Catwoman (Lee Meriwether) from the "Batman" feature film, plus new 8" figures from Figures Toy Company's Wave 6: Catwoman as played by Eartha Kitt, the Joker in disguise as the Maharajah of Nimpah, Julie Newmar's Catwoman, a very thin Alfred Pennyworth in disguise as Batman, and Security Guard Egbert Pennyworth, who happens to be Alfred's identical cousin.

I did do some tweaking on the Catwoman figures: darkening the plastic sections of Eartha's hair, altering the fit of her pendant and mask, and trimming some hair from the front of Julie's cat ears. I also added gold paint to the clawed gloves. Lee's Catwoman wears Julie's mask, to show off Julie's unique eyebrows.

Alfred as Batman with Maharajah and Egbert by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Ian, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to You and Your Family! Your artistic abilities are not only AMAZING, but INCOMPARABLE in so many ways!!!!!!!! Ian, my Friend, You are SOOOOO blessed with talent!
Cheers,
Larry
Therin of Andor

Two Eartha Kitts by Ian McLean, on Flickr

FTC's official Eartha Kitt 8" Catwoman action figure alongside the custom placeholder figure I once made, using a "Star Trek" Uhura plus clothing pieces from Classic TV Toys.
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor

FTC's new Bat Girl with TV Batgirl and comic book Robin by Ian McLean, on Flickr

FTC's new Goons with the Penguin and my custom Octopus by Ian McLean, on Flickr

FTC's new Cat goons and Eenie, with Catwoman and my custom Pussycat by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Bat Girl with Robin and Flamebird with Nightwing by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Flamebird (of Titans West) is my own custom, using Miss Natural Resources from the Penguin goons and moll set.

Shorter Penguin with Octopus by Ian McLean, on Flickr

I significantly shortened the legs of my FTC Penguin! Thanks for the inspiration, TBolt!
Therin of Andor

elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Holy Excellent.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Excellent, Ian! I wasn't aware the 50's Bat Girl was available yet. I'll have to pick one up.

Cheers!
Larry
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

My tribute to Batman #183 in miniature. Made a shadow box out of two $2 frames from Walmart, Cover trading card, doll house tv with photo of logo from the beginning of the show and the NJ Croce keychain bendy figures (minus the keychains).
Attachments
27540351_2114192618607419_1945815882807754382_n.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Therin of Andor

Larry A. wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:48 am Excellent, Ian! I wasn't aware the 50's Bat Girl was available yet. I'll have to pick one up.
Bat-Girl, of Teen Titans West, is new from Figures Toy Company (same week of release as the TV Catwomen wave). I did tweak her red boots a little. The original shoes were simply the green Robin comic book shoes, molded in red. I was originally going to glue them in place but her feet are tiny, so I used a spare pair of Supergirl slippers I had on hand and combined them with the heels and pixie points from the backs of the red boots.
Big Daddy K wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:18 am My tribute to Batman #183 in miniature. Made a shadow box out of two $2 frames from Walmart...
Gorgeous!

I am having fun with my new Funko "New Teen Titans" figures, which go so well with the "Batman '66" figures!

Funko New Teen Titans with Batman by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Cyborg, Nightwing, Starfire and Raven.

When will we three meet again? by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Mr Freeze vs New Teen Titans by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Do you like Catwoman's cats? They are mini magnets! by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

dell

Post by dell »

I love the polar bear with the Mr. Freezes (or is the plural Freezie?). And the tiger with Catwoman and her gang.
dell
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor

Wayne Faucher

Post by Wayne Faucher »

Here are a few friends at a stamp factory get together....Image
Attachments
IMG_1658 copy.JPG