Toy Photography with 66 Batman Figures.

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
KustomJeff

Re: Toy Photography with 66 Batman Figures.

Post by KustomJeff »

BatDavidEvanSmith wrote:Would love to see more pics with more villains, and Batgirl!
That's the plan when/if I get the new Batgirl figure. I've taken some pics with a comic book Batgirl I have, but I don't like those as much. I may still post some of them though.
I'm on Instagram as kustomjeff if you want to see more toy pics and some motorcycle stuff too. :-P
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

Scott Sebring wrote:Wonderful! Looked like fun to make.
They're a lot of fun. I drive my wife crazy bringing figures and Batmobiles with me whenever we go out to shoot pictures. The one of Batman rescuing Robin from teh water was shot in the middle of the Cahaba River while Allison and our friend were taking pictures of the Cahaba Lilies. I got some shots of the flowers too, but I saw the perfect spot for Bruce and Dick to get in the water and play. :-D
I'm on Instagram as kustomjeff if you want to see more toy pics and some motorcycle stuff too. :-P
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

That's some Fun stuff there now!
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
dell

Post by dell »

Great idea and very creative. My favorites are the first one with Batman climbing the wall and the Life magazine cover. Well done sir!
dell
Summo13

Post by Summo13 »

Nice Idea, great work!
Todd Grimes

Post by Todd Grimes »

Wow - these are awesome!
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

Thanks again everyone. I just got my 6" Batgirl today. I'm in the middle of editing photos from a Biker event I went to last weekend, but after that I will be planning out some fun stuff with Batgirl in the mix.
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

Had an idea this morning. Since there is no Batgirl bike coming out anytime soon I was thinking of taking a Mach 5 car I have that I picked up at a flea market for $10 and repainting it to be Batgirl's car. I'm trying to come up with scenes to shoot pics of all my figures and I think have a Batgirlmobile would make it interesting and since I have no real attachment to the Mach 5 at all I wouldn't mind painting it. Just kinda spit balling ideas right now. I'm about to go outside and shoot some stuff with my Hot Toys Batman and maybe some new stuff with my Figures Toy Co. figures since I just got Riddler a little while back. It's been at or near 100* here most days lately so today has been the first chance to get outside in a while, it's only 86* right now. :-P Let me know what you think of my idea.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

KustomJeff wrote:Had an idea this morning. Since there is no Batgirl bike coming out anytime soon I was thinking of taking a Mach 5 car I have that I picked up at a flea market for $10 and repainting it to be Batgirl's car. I'm trying to come up with scenes to shoot pics of all my figures and I think have a Batgirlmobile would make it interesting and since I have no real attachment to the Mach 5 at all I wouldn't mind painting it. Just kinda spit balling ideas right now. I'm about to go outside and shoot some stuff with my Hot Toys Batman and maybe some new stuff with my Figures Toy Co. figures since I just got Riddler a little while back. It's been at or near 100* here most days lately so today has been the first chance to get outside in a while, it's only 86* right now. :-P Let me know what you think of my idea.
That sounds like a really cool idea! I wonder if you could pull colors from her Bike to re-paint the Mach 5???
Or maybe even from her costume??

Either way I'm very excited to see what you come up with.

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

One of my latest shots with the Hot Toys figure. I'm still not happy with the background, but it'll take a while before I can get a chance to work on it some more.

ImageBatShark2 by Kustom Jeff, on Flickr

A second version
ImageBatShark1 by Kustom Jeff, on Flickr

Let me know what ya think.
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

burkestudio wrote:
KustomJeff wrote:Had an idea this morning. Since there is no Batgirl bike coming out anytime soon I was thinking of taking a Mach 5 car I have that I picked up at a flea market for $10 and repainting it to be Batgirl's car. I'm trying to come up with scenes to shoot pics of all my figures and I think have a Batgirlmobile would make it interesting and since I have no real attachment to the Mach 5 at all I wouldn't mind painting it. Just kinda spit balling ideas right now. I'm about to go outside and shoot some stuff with my Hot Toys Batman and maybe some new stuff with my Figures Toy Co. figures since I just got Riddler a little while back. It's been at or near 100* here most days lately so today has been the first chance to get outside in a while, it's only 86* right now. :-P Let me know what you think of my idea.
That sounds like a really cool idea! I wonder if you could pull colors from her Bike to re-paint the Mach 5???
Or maybe even from her costume??

Either way I'm very excited to see what you come up with.

-Jeremy
That's the idea, use colors from her costume. I'd like to find a really good candy purple to spray over a really flaky silver base. This will take some planning I can see.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Love that pic!!!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Great shot!
dell

Post by dell »

KustomJeff wrote:One of my latest shots with the Hot Toys figure. I'm still not happy with the background, but it'll take a while before I can get a chance to work on it some more.

ImageBatShark2 by Kustom Jeff, on Flickr

A second version
ImageBatShark1 by Kustom Jeff, on Flickr

Let me know what ya think.
As my Australian-Canadian friend likes to say, "A gold star AND an elephant stamp for a job very well done"!!!
dell
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

Thanks for the compliments!! This one took a lot of work, I had to make the ladder, then come up with a stand to hold it and then modify the shark to stay in position. Of course I had to figure out a background as well. The movie scene is a lot darker, but I didn't want to go that dark.

OK, y'all please answer me this. My wife and I do art shows where we sell prints of our pics and I'm trying to decide if I should print this one and add it to the selections. If you were at an art show and saw this picture, would you consider buying it? If so, which one? This is one of the hardest things about selling at these shows, I know what pics I like, but most of the time the crowds seem to go for the ones I think are only OK and ignore the ones I love. I guess that's part of being a nerd and noticing the little details where most of the public just sees Batman and says "oh that's cool!" :-P