Mr. Freeze gun

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
tmmello

Mr. Freeze gun

Post by tmmello »

Someone asked if I could make one of these, so I thought I would try. It came out nice I think.
I'm going to have to get some more shelves soon. ;-)

TBolt

Re: Mr. Freeze gun

Post by TBolt »

that will do well once the FTC figure is out. Can't believe they are doing him gunless.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Meule

Post by Meule »

I'll take one too ;)
And a lifesize version too if you have one :)
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
BatDavidEvanSmith

Post by BatDavidEvanSmith »

Omg! Is that 1:12 scale? I want one!
"When we get to the royal oil boiling room, be sure to prepare some real boiling royal boiling oil to boil the boy wonder in... royally."
tmmello

Post by tmmello »

BatDavidEvanSmith wrote:Omg! Is that 1:12 scale? I want one!
This one is 1:9 scale :D
I changed the design a bit, much happier with it now. Mr. Freeze gun Complete....

I don't know if administration want to move this thread to merchandise
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Folks,
Years ago, I talked with a now deceased prop man at Fox about some Lost in Space Props. He casually mentioned that one of the three 1st season Lost in Space Laser rifles was modified for Mr. Freeze's Freeze gun.
Hope this helps.
Larry
Meule

Post by Meule »

Stryker wrote:Hi Folks,
Years ago, I talked with a now deceased prop man at Fox about some Lost in Space Props. He casually mentioned that one of the three 1st season Lost in Space Laser rifles was modified for Mr. Freeze's Freeze gun.
Hope this helps.
Makes sense, they look somewhat the same
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Meule,
Thanks for the kind words. I've been a LISfan since the show came out. I'd be much obliged if You would let me know where You got such an almost perfect side view of the LiS 1st season Laser Rifle, please. This is the simplest Laser rifle/ Mr. Freeze rifle compared to the 2 other LIS rifles. The above LIS rifle is 36" long so I would recommend for Mr. Freeze's rifle that one should figure that top to bottom the shoulder stock on Freeze's rifle is 8" and the small barrel is 1.25" in diameter. I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Larry
Meule

Post by Meule »

Stryker wrote:Hi Meule,
Thanks for the kind words. I've been a LISfan since the show came out. I'd be much obliged if You would let me know where You got such an almost perfect side view of the LiS 1st season Laser Rifle, please. This is the simplest Laser rifle/ Mr. Freeze rifle compared to the 2 other LIS rifles. The above LIS rifle is 36" long so I would recommend for Mr. Freeze's rifle that one should figure that top to bottom the shoulder stock on Freeze's rifle is 8" and the small barrel is 1.25" in diameter. I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Just google 'lost in space laser' and you'll find plenty more ;)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Thanks Meule, I appreciate the info. I actually built several of the LIS rifles of this style 30+ years ago. It was a lot harder then since the internet wasn't built then. LOL

Cheers,
Larry
Meule

Post by Meule »

Stryker wrote:Thanks Meule, I appreciate the info. I actually built several of the LIS rifles of this style 30+ years ago. It was a lot harder then since the internet wasn't built then. LOL

Cheers,
I can imagine :lol:
But building a Mr. Freeze gun shouldn't be too difficult for you then... hint hint... ;) :D
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

P.M. me for anything along those lines. I've never really examined the 1966 version, NOR "Da Ahnold" version.

Has anyone else noticed how the George Clooney version script looks like it would have come from the 1960's or even the script for the Jim Carrey/Tommy Lee Jones for that matter?

Cheers,
Larry
Larry