Color of Bat Girl's Pilot jumpsuit

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Larry A.

Color of Bat Girl's Pilot jumpsuit

Post by Larry A. »

Last night while watching The Bat Girl Pilot episode ( Yep, finally got it), I was pondering: Exactly what color was BG's Bat suit in that pilot? Sometimes it looked black, other times a blackish purple.
Your thoughts would be helpful....especially from those who were able to talk to Yvonne. I've scanned the forums and not found anything concerning it.

Thanks in advance,
Larry
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: Color of Bat Girl's Pilot jumpsuit

Post by Scott Sebring »

According to Yvonne, it was purple like the final suit but the structure had to be altered because one of the execs said it squashed "two of the reasons why we hired her." Lighting and film stock always wreaked havoc with the consistency of the shade's appearance. Even in the restored blu ray footage of the final suit it still fluctuates but not as much as it did in broadcast.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Thank You Scott!!!!!!!!! You are a lifesaver!!!!!! It is amazing who the film stock could and did change from episode to episode,

Really Cheers, Scott.
Larry
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Purple has always been one of the hardest colors to render true on TV. It usually skews bluer than it really is. For example, Telly Monster on Sesame Street always looked purple on TV, but in person, he's fuchsia, and much pinker than you'd expect.

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hey there RRR,
I didn't know that about poor ol' Tully. I'll have to tell my grandkids about that. They think that He's purple too.
I admit that it would have tied the pilot in with the comic book more so if the jumpsuit had been Black. Yvonne said it was purple and I'm good with that.
Cheers
Larry