New Bat Suit Unveil Update

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Sassman

Re: New Bat Suit Unveil Update

Post by Sassman »

Your nose line looks perfect. I knew it could be done. Now I just have to find the time to do my Matty cowl.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Sassman wrote:Your nose line looks perfect. I knew it could be done. Now I just have to find the time to do my Matty cowl.
Thank you Sassman. Although it is not perfect, it is 200% better. It did take a little bit of work. As you are well aware, there is a seam between the nose line and the black area. I wasn't sure how I was going to hide that. What I ended up doing was taking Testors modeling putty and filling in that joint to get a nice smooth blend and transition. Then I wet sanded it down with some 300g paper. I put a light coat of Modge Podge over that then painted it with the Acrylic paint. I actually went back and filled in and sanded one more time until I got a good smooth joint. After I was satisfied with the results, I painted the lines back on. It did take a little work and some patience, but I am happy with the results. I hope yours turns out just as good. I can't wait to see pics when you are finished.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Ho HO Batman65, thanks for the tip. did you cover the whole nose or just the seam- leaving the nose exposed material?
great improvement.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

batrunner1966 wrote:Ho HO Batman65, thanks for the tip. did you cover the whole nose or just the seam- leaving the nose exposed material?
great improvement.
I covered the area I wanted black, which is roughly the top half of the nose, with a light coat of mod podge before painting, using the foam brush and applying it right over the blue spandex to the spot where I wanted the new line. The model putty was only used to cover the bump by the seam. It took a little work to sand the joint smooth. I sanded dry, painted it black, then looked at the imperfections. I added more putty until it looked ok, this time I wet sanded. It took a little bit to get it to look right, but with a little patience, you can do it.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

2 thumbs up!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio