Bat Tights

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
burkestudio

Re: Bat Tights

Post by burkestudio »

Looks great!!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

I'm getting ready to buy the material for the cape but I'm having trouble finding the right material on the internet.I've been communicating with Lynne Williams and she said that I need a Navy Blue Medium Weight Bridal Satin.So far I haven't had much luck.Can anybody tell me where they got their material for their cape?I know that Lynne makes capes but it's not in my budget.I have someone who will make it but I need the right material.Anybody who can lead me in the right directions for the material I would be gratefull.Thanks again and I hope to hear from board members soon.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Here's one possible source:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Navy-Blue-Satin ... SwEppUTAS2

I saw more on ebay. Photos on this listing seem like it is dark enough but you never can tell for sure how it will look until you see it in person.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

When ordering through the mail one's fabric, ALWAYS request a swatch ( sample) of the fabric One is looking for......ESPECIALLY ON E-BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been scorched 2 or 3 times by not requesting swatches in advance.

All I am saying, is be cautious.
Cheers,
Larry
pulpadded

Post by pulpadded »

Be careful ordering from On Stage. The site says 2 weeks. I ordered on the 10th, which would mean they had until yesterday. I called the check on the order, they said "it should say 3-4, but we haven't updated the site." They said they would call to see if the order could be rushed but I haven't heard back, and got treated the same when calling today. If they can't take responsibility for their own information, I wouldn't order. They claimed I should have been contacted and told the estimate on the site was incorrect but I hadn't heard anything. Editing that info is simple. I am being told it will be several more weeks.

I called back today, the manager told me he would see if the order would be ready. He said that it wasn't, but suggested a size up because that was in stock. I appreciate their responsiveness, but keep the time window difference in mind when you purchase.
Bluth Wayne

Post by Bluth Wayne »

Hi all!

I'm new here, but I am in the beginning process of putting together a suit of my own.

FWIW and if folks are open to a suggestion, I Googled "navy blue medium weight bridal satin" based on Lynne Williams' suggestion outlined in dreddbatfan's post above and I came across this:

http://onthegolinens.com/navyblue-brida ... ablecloths

You can order them in "round" which could make the cape that much easier to assemble plus, based on the measurements you'd probably have leftover material for the trunks, cowl, gloves/gauntlets or whatever else you still need.

I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet, but I will report back on how it goes if/when I do.
"Boys and girls, go back to your studies. Believe me: nothing in life is free!"
Bluth Wayne

Post by Bluth Wayne »

Oh, and they offer up to 3 free swatches!!! I've 2 samples on the way.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Thanks for the info, Bluth!!!! The prices are unbelievable!!!!! For me, the nice thing is that it comes in black which will help in my early 40's Bat Suit!

Cheers,
Larry
Bluth Wayne

Post by Bluth Wayne »

You're welcome! I'm probably going to order a yellow satin napkin to make a Robin cape for our baby girl, too.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Sounds like a plan...............

Cheers to You and Yours!
Larry
Bluth Wayne

Post by Bluth Wayne »

I got my swatches from www.onthegolinens.com today!

The Navy Blue Bridal Satin is an almost perfect match to the DC Classics Cowl that my better half got me for Father's Day.

I plan on ordering a couple of the round table cloths soon in order to start work on making a cape.

Any advice or thoughts on patterns or stitching or anything else is appreciated and welcome.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

My Best Advice??? Go with Chuck's patterns.

Cheers,
Larry
Bluth Wayne

Post by Bluth Wayne »

Thank you, Larry!

I'm still new to this board... Where can I find that pattern? Is it available online for a reasonable price?
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Sure, Private Message Chuck Williams on this board and He can tell You all about it!!!!!
IMHO, it is THE BEST and MOST ACCURATE pattern...EVER!!!!!!!! Just look under Bat Crafts on this board and You will see Chuck's entries. It may take a day or two for him to answer, but He will answer. Like most everyone on this board, He and His wife Lynne are GREAT people.

Enjoy!,
Larry
Bluth Wayne

Post by Bluth Wayne »

Thank you very much! I found their Etsy shop shortly before I found this board so I'm somewhat familiar with their work.

This seems like the most straightforward plan, thanks again.