Bat Tights

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Frank_The_Riddler

Re: Bat Tights

Post by Frank_The_Riddler »

Scott Sebring wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:45 pm
Frank_The_Riddler wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:24 pm No one ? :(
Never been a sure fire recipe. I've always had to eye match in small steps load after load. Always had to use mostly Grey with a touch of Purple (never could find the aubergine). Certainly never saw a rough estimate for using the liquid even though it's been around for ages even back when I started nearly twenty years ago. I just stuck with the powders as they were easier to measure and I was used to them. And I've dyed a lot of tights.
Ok thanks ! I will just keep trying until I feel it looks right thanks for the response.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Batfanman wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:38 pm If you really want to find Aubergine, here's the Bat-industrial size supply - enough to dye until you die (and then some!)

I think some enterprising bat-fan should buy this and a whole bunch of 1 oz containers, include some instructions for use, and maybe combine it with the appropriate grey color to make a dye-your-own tights kit. Not me, but someone.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

The aubergine worked well with the vintage 100% nylon leotard and tights but not as well with the modern fabrics.
Even between the leotard and tights you would get a color shift!

I explored all sorts of combinations but never hit 100% success repeatedly with RIT. It was always a case by case basis.
Adding a touch of the purple to the pearl grey and a TINY hair of orange to grey out the blue in the purple got a warmer grey tone if I recall correctly.

I ended up just having the fabric custom dyed in bulk so each set wasn't a pain.
We do offer them as well as the fabric to make your own.
I thought some might like this for the 1:6 scale figures too...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/752536735/ ... tch-fabric
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info