Batcave Picture

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
KustomJeff

Batcave Picture

Post by KustomJeff »

Does anyone know where I can find a good fairly high res picture of the interior of the batcave? I want to print it and use it as a background on my new shelves I bought to display my figures. I promise to post pics of how it comes out. Thanks!
I'm on Instagram as kustomjeff if you want to see more toy pics and some motorcycle stuff too. :-P
KustomJeff

Re: Batcave Picture

Post by KustomJeff »

If you can give me an episode of the show with some really good shots I can look them up on my discs and do a screen capture. What I am looking for is a background to go behind the batcomputer from the mattel line and work as a back drop to pose the other figures.
I'm on Instagram as kustomjeff if you want to see more toy pics and some motorcycle stuff too. :-P
STP Swallowthispill

Post by STP Swallowthispill »

I found this one on the net looks pretty good don't know if you can use it.

Charles
Attachments
bat66cav.jpg
bat66cav.jpg (71.18 KiB) Viewed 5216 times
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That's by UK steve. There are a series of pictures on the web, but I don't know if they are high enough resolution. There are also folks on ebay that can provide large prints, but perhaps not as big as you want. Recently, Renato of Argentina strung together a series of shots to create a 3D 1/43 scale batcave similar to the method the MEGO/FTC guys use - cardboard with a vinyl overlay.

One of the better pictures I've seen is people touring the Batcave. That one was shot from ground level allowing you to see the top of the atomic pile.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1966+ba ... Ai8QsAQIIg

Some great images here
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

Thanks guys, so far everything I find is low resolution. I don't need it to be super sharp, just look decent behind some toys. :-P
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

That image from UK Steve is available as an 11.75 x 16.5 print, if you're not dead set on a digital file.

Of course it's not a photo, if that matters...
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

SprangFan wrote:That image from UK Steve is available as an 11.75 x 16.5 print, if you're not dead set on a digital file.

Of course it's not a photo, if that matters...
I'm not dead set on digital, but I am trying to fit a certain space, and that print size is too small. The search goes on. :-P
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Jeff, what a great idea!!

I was also thinking screen captures from the Blu-Ray's.
I really doubt you'll find a good enough high-res color vintage pic.
Plus you might find an episode that will give just that perfect "shot" you're looking for.

Keep us posted.

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

burkestudio wrote:Jeff, what a great idea!!

I was also thinking screen captures from the Blu-Ray's.
I really doubt you'll find a good enough high-res color vintage pic.
Plus you might find an episode that will give just that perfect "shot" you're looking for.

Keep us posted.

-Jeremy
Yeah, I think the Screen capture is gonna be the way to go myself. I'm not good enough at drawing either by hand or computer to do anything custom. I was hoping that there might be some good photos from a behind the scenes type article or something. If I find something I like I'll share it here.