Custom Pop! Vinyl figures

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
danbar

Custom Pop! Vinyl figures

Post by danbar »

Just completed my 1st attempt at a custom Pop! Vinyl figure. I made a Riddler to go with my 1966 Batman collection. See pictures of him below by himself and with my other figures. I am hoping to do a whole series of them to add to this collection, but it depends on how well they turn out.
Riddler1__1457394797_108_55_68_209.jpg
Riddler1__1457394797_108_55_68_209.jpg (20.83 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
Riddler2__1457395384_108_55_68_209.jpg
Riddler2__1457395384_108_55_68_209.jpg (20.44 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
pops__1457395154_108_55_68_209.jpg
pops__1457395154_108_55_68_209.jpg (11.09 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
Meule

Re: Custom Pop! Vinyl figures

Post by Meule »

Wow, he came out fantastic, looks like he was factory made. If I didn't know any better I'd think he was part of Funko's official release of the Pop Vinyl figures
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

That came out great!!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

That's fun and he definitely fits in nicely with the others!

Did you start a "donor" figure or did you sculpt him from scratch?
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

very nice
danbar

Post by danbar »

Thanks for all of your nice comments. It encourages me to keep going. I did start with a blank DIY Pop! Male figure. I sculpted the hair, mask and some costume components on top of it (and gave him slightly bigger ears). For some of the other characters I have in mind, I believe I will need to sculpt new arms at least. I don't want them all to have identical poses. I really want to do Batgirl, but I definitely don't feel that I can use the "blank" DIY Female figure that they sell. It looks almost identical to the male, but with a bust and a smaller waist. So far I have been designing, Penguin, Egghead, Gordon & O'Hara. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

danbar wrote:Thanks for all of your nice comments. It encourages me to keep going. I did start with a blank DIY Pop! Male figure. I sculpted the hair, mask and some costume components on top of it (and gave him slightly bigger ears). For some of the other characters I have in mind, I believe I will need to sculpt new arms at least. I don't want them all to have identical poses. I really want to do Batgirl, but I definitely don't feel that I can use the "blank" DIY Female figure that they sell. It looks almost identical to the male, but with a bust and a smaller waist. So far I have been designing, Penguin, Egghead, Gordon & O'Hara. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again.
Thanks for the insight! Looking forward to seeing how the others turn out.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Danbar,
I am amazed at how well Your figure turned out!!! I would like to know just what You used for building up the mask, ears and other parts as I thought the figures were made from vinyl. I, too would like a Bat Girl figure and would rather build it my self so I am interested in how You did it. Would You please P. M. me with info on where to order the blank figures, please?

Thanks in advance and Cheers,
Larry
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Never mind, Danbar, I found several places to get the blank Female figure, but I would like to see how You are going to build the figure, please?

Thanks,
Larry
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Batman, Robin and my customized Batgirl, repainted from a Black Friday exclusive Batgirl.

Funko Pops! - Terrific Trio by Ian McLean, on Flickr

I had many opportunities to buy a comic book style grey/yellow Batgirl years ago, but they are now gone from retail - and hugely expensive on eBay. I had weakened and bought '66 Batman and Robin last year and now had to add a purple TV Batgirl. Then I noticed the recent "Black Friday" black-clad exclusives that Funko did of Batman and Batgirl, and realized that this version would be an easy repaint!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Lucky Guy, Ian and a very nice Job, indeed. They are indeed cute!

Cheers,
Larry
Brave & the Bold

Post by Brave & the Bold »

Very nice!
Meule

Post by Meule »

Sweet Batgirl
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe