Batcharge Launcher/Batzooka

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rickrickrick

Batcharge Launcher/Batzooka

Post by rickrickrick »

Howdy, all.

Well, I finally scored a Mattel Agent Zero M Sonic Blaster off ebay with which to make my Batcharge Launcher/Batzooka replica! (And I got a really good price - hooray!)

But I can't find any good reference pics of the prop in which the back can be seen, so I can see how to attach the silver hose.

Does anyone who has done this project have any good pictures of the back of the screen used prop, or of their replicas?

My thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Ben Bentley

Re: Batcharge Launcher/Batzooka

Post by Ben Bentley »

Good luck with the project, Rick, looking froward to seeing how you tackle it.

For now this is best "rear" shot I can find easily.

Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Is that what they used for the show?
Can't wait to see yours!
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Thanks, Ben, I have seen that one. I don't know how/have the technology to do screen grabs from my bluray of the movie, or from when it appeared on the series (I don't think there was a hose attached when it was on the show, actually) to get my own still reference.

Yup, Batrunner, they built the batzooka on this toy. Here's what it looks like in the raw.
$_1.JPG
$_1.JPG (10.39 KiB) Viewed 5627 times
RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Meule

Post by Meule »

That reminds me I need to make one of those as well, I bought the Mattel bazooka years ago and it's been sitting there ever since. In fact I have 2 bazookas since they used the same toy for Mr.Freeze's Ice Ray Beam and I want to make that one too

"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Pat The Batman Fan

Post by Pat The Batman Fan »

Nice! I got one super cheap too, but I need to replace the scope section as it was damaged (thus the cheaper price). Are those reference photos of the original freeze prop?

There's also the Preminger/Sanders freeze gun. Anyone ever made one?
Mr._Freeze_(Otto_Preminger).jpg
And why doesn't Batman dance anymore? Remember the Batusi?
Pat The Batman Fan

Post by Pat The Batman Fan »

Don't know if this would help for the hose, but I saw it in Auotzone today... the hose is threaded and detachable. Probably too short, but might work.
IMG_5783.jpg
And why doesn't Batman dance anymore? Remember the Batusi?
Meule

Post by Meule »

Pat The Batman Fan wrote:Nice! I got one super cheap too, but I need to replace the scope section as it was damaged (thus the cheaper price). Are those reference photos of the original freeze prop?

There's also the Preminger/Sanders freeze gun. Anyone ever made one?
Mr._Freeze_(Otto_Preminger).jpg
No, those are pics from a fan made Ice Ray Beam, can't remember where I got the pics or who made it, but chances are it was someone here
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
harveytwoface999

Post by harveytwoface999 »

Here's a (cropped) photo I found in johnnysresin's Facebook album where you can see the back of the Batzooka:

Looks like they might have added some type of attachment onto the back so they could screw the tube on and off (or just shove the tube into the hole and hope it didn't fall out), especially since the back of the Mattel blaster is pretty much flat:

(incidentally, I saw a Mattel blaster on eBay once that was priced lower because it was broken in half, and I'm still kicking myself for not getting it when I had the chance :lol: )
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Wow, that's a great picture. Very helpful, actually. And I love that there's silver colored hose just kind of thrown all over Adam West! Seriously, how much hose did they need??

Thanks for posting!

RRR
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I really like the device, but where would one put it unless they had a Bat Boat? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Larry
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

On the wall next to the Super-powered Batmagnet, probably. ;)

RRR
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Good Point, Rick! :D
Larry